The Season 5 premiere of Justified last night saw U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens heading to Florida for a case and the debut of Michael Rapaport as the latest bad guy. The heavily promoted return of the Peabody and Emmy-winning FX series also saw 2.84 million viewers watching that all happen. That’s a 21% drop from the 3.59 million who tuned in for the Season 4 opener on January 8, 2013 and the lowest premiere for the series so far in terms of total viewers. Additionally, last night’s Justified had 1.42 million watching among Adults 18-49. That’s down 14% from the 1.65 million in the key demo who tuned in for the Season 4 debut. Having said that, those numbers will likely rise for the DVR-friendly series once Live+7 DVR numbers come in; the Season 4 finale in April 2013 grew 70% from the 2.249 million viewers reported in Live+Same Day to just over 3.82 million in Live+7 results, according to Nielsen. Based on novels by the late great Elmore Leonard, who passed away in August, the Graham Yost-produced series got a fifth-season renewal during the upfronts in March. The series is widely expected to be renewed for a sixth cycle.
FX’s ‘Justified’ Down In Season 5 Debut
What's Hot on Deadline
Moviegoers Turn Out For The 'Apocalypse' Over Memorial Day & Chop Off 'Alice's Head - Monday AM Update
'Alice' Sees $62.7M In Offshore Looking Glass; 'Warcraft' Scores $31.7M; 'X-Men' Cumes $183.4M - Int'l Box Office Final
Latest TV News
- ‘Biggest Loser’ Being Investigated By L.A. Sheriff For On-Set Drug Use
- Euro 2016: Will French Strikes & Fuel Shortages Be A Boon For Broadcasters?
- Warriors-Thunder Game 7 Is Cable’s Most Watched NBA Telecast Ever With 16M Viewers On TNT
- ‘The Shield’ Actor Michael Jace Guilty Of Second-Degree Murder
- ‘Dance Moms’ Abby Lee Miller In Plea Deal Talks For $5M Fraud Case; Seeks Another Delay From Judge
- Facebook, Twitter & Others To Combat Hate Speech In Europe; Lars Mikkelsen ‘Rides Upon The Storm’; Paul Hogan Mini – Global…