You’d think the producers of The Wolf Of Wall Street — the Martin Scorsese-directed film financed by Red Granite International and distributed by Paramount with a budget they claim is around $100M — could have anted up a bit more for Oscar-nominated actor Jonah Hill. On Tuesday, Hill — the sidekick to Leonardo DiCaprio in Wolf Of Wall Street — said on The Howard Stern Show he was paid only $60,000 for his role before commissions and taxes, adding that DiCaprio was paid probably around $10M (DiCaprio starred and produced). “They gave me the lowest amount of money possible. That was their offer and I said, ‘I will sign the paper tonight. Fax ’em the papers tonight. I want to sign them tonight before they change their mind. I wanna sign them before I go to sleep tonight so they legally can’t change their mind,” Hill said. He said he wanted to work for Scorsese. “I would sell my house and give him all my money to work for him,” added Hill. “This isn’t what you make money for. You do 22 Jump Street or you do other things, and you can pay your rent. I would’ve done anything in the world. I would do it again in a second … This sh*t isn’t about money. You should do things that you care about.” The movie, Hill, DiCaprio and Terence Winter were nominated for Oscars last week.
Jonah Hill Says He Was Paid Only $60,000 For ‘The Wolf Of Wall Street’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Thursday Night Football' Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy's Parade Steady, 'Young Sheldon' Up
'Coco' Now Higher With $74M+ Thanks To A+ CinemaScore; 'Justice League' At $61M+; 'Wonder' Wows At $32M+: Friday AM Update
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Denzel Washington & Dan Gilroy On Why 'Roman J. Israel, Esq' Never Left The '60s Behind - The Contenders Video
'Man Who Invented Christmas' Review: Dan Stevens & Christopher Plummer Turn Scrooge Origin Tale Into A Holiday Treat
Latest Film News
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: ‘Wonder’ Makes Awards Play; ‘Dunkirk’ Storms The Q&A Circuit; Netflix Sends A Pig To…
- Kumail Nanjiani On How A Pitch To Judd Apatow About A Ghost Witch Movie Begat ‘The Big Sick’ – The Contenders…
- Exhibition Stocks Rise In Short Trading Session On Holiday Box Office Optimism
- ‘Arthur Miller: Writer’ Helmer Rebecca Miller Discusses Her Doc Portrait Of Father Arthur Miller
- Denis Villeneuve On His Love Of Sci-Fi, Working With Ridley Scott On ‘Blade Runner 2049’ & Revisiting ‘Dune’ – Behind The…
- Denzel Washington & Dan Gilroy On Why ‘Roman J. Israel, Esq’ Never Left The ’60s Behind – The Contenders…