After lengthy negotiations, John Hawkes and Michael Cera have signed on to topline How And Why, FX Networks‘ half-hour comedy pilot from Oscar-winning screenwriter Charlie Kaufman. How And Why tells the story of Goodman Hesselman (Hawkes), who can explain how and why a nuclear reactor works but is clueless about life. After losing his gig hosting children’s science show How And Why, he tries to start over with a new show in a little TV market in the middle of nowhere when he encounters the supernatural world. Cera plays Mendelson, Goodman’s new boss at the studio. Even though they legally cannot use any part of How And Why, Mendelson is confident they will replicate the show. Produced by FX Productions, the pilot will film this spring in North Carolina. Kaufman (Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind) wrote the script and will direct the pilot, which he is executive producing with Anthony Bregman. Cera, repped by ICM Partners, Thruline and Lichter, Grossman, most recently wasseen in Netflix’s revival of Arrested Development. Oscar nominee Hawkes, repped by Innovative, Thruline and Morris Yorn, starred in HBO’s Deadwood.
John Hawkes & Michael Cera To Star In Charlie Kaufman’s FX Comedy Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
'Beauty And The Beast' Roars On To Tracking, Looking To Shake Up March Records - Box Office Projection
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert Opens ‘Late Show’ With Message To Donald Trump From Bathroom Signs
- ‘Nashville’ Star Exits After Plot Twist On CMT Country Music Drama Series
- ‘Tonight Show’ Reveals How Donald Trump’s Staff Gathers Flattering News Footage
- Caitlyn Jenner Scolds Donald Trump For Revoking Transgender Protections – Update
- Lea Michele Cast In ABC Mayor Comedy Pilot; What About ‘Scream Queens’?
- Stephen Hopkins To Direct Fox Pilot ‘The Beast’; Jason Ensler To Helm NBC’s ‘Redliners’