The Killing is adding Oscar-nominated actress Joan Allen to the cast of its six-episode fourth and final season on Netflix. The new installment will follow a new murder investigation led by homicide detectives Sarah Linden (Mireille Enos) and Stephen Holder (Joel Kinnaman). In a major recurring role, Allen will play Margaret O’Neal, the head of an all-boys military academy based outside of Seattle. Fox TV Studios is producing. ICM Partners-repped Allen was recently seen in the latest installment from the Bourne movie franchise and on HBO drama Luck.
Joan Allen Joins ‘The Killing’s Final Season
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Boyhood’, 'Grand Budapest', 'Lego Movie' Score Big At 65th ACE Eddie Awards -- Complete Winners List
Bryan Cranston & David Shore's ‘Sneaky Pete’ Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete' Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres