EXCLUSIVE: Thor‘s Jaimie Alexander has joined Ryan Murphy‘s HBO pilot Open as a series regular. Additionally, Alexander is in negotiations to topline the indie Money Is Money with Luke Bracey. Open, which Murphy co-wrote with Lauren Gussis, is described as a modern, provocative exploration of human sexuality and relationships. It revolves around five central characters played by Michelle Monaghan, Scott Speedman, Wes Bentley, Anna Torv and Jennifer Jason Leigh. Alexander will play Claire, the postpartum-suffering, pill-popping Stepford wife of Evan (Bentley). Alexander was a finalist for the new female lead role on Fox/20th TV’s 24: Live Another Day that went to Yvonne Strahovski, but the studio loved her, leading to her casting in Open, from 20th TV’s cable division Fox 21. Alexander probably is best known for playing Sif in Marvel’s Thor movie franchise, a role she will be reprising in an upcoming episode of ABC’s Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. She next will be seen in London Fields opposite Billy Bob Thornton. Money Is Money, directed by Gela Babluani and produced by Hubert Caillard and Rachael Horovitz, starts production in March in Detroit. Alexander is repped by Mosaic, WME and attorney Lev Ginsburg.
Jaimie Alexander To Co-Star In Ryan Murphy’s HBO Pilot ‘Open’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Jon Turteltaub Producing CBS Family Comedy
- HBO & Playtone Take On Battle Against Offshoring With 'Factory Man' Miniseries
- Grant Gish Upped To VP Animation At 20th Century Fox TV
- Amazon Orders Soccer Kids Comedy Pilot 'The Kicks'
- NBC Eyes Horror Anthology Series From Jason Blum, Tony Krantz & Endemol
- Peter Segal To Direct & Executive Produce MTV's Ken Jeong Comedy Pilot