Horror/game show hybrid Release The Hounds debuted as a Halloween special on the UK’s ITV2 last year. The one-off episode received positive notices for the premise, and an outpouring of interest on Twitter. ITV has now commissioned a six-episode series to be produced by Sony Pictures Television‘s UK production joint venture Gogglebox. Production starts on the hourlong show this spring. It will be fronted by UK TV personality Reggie Yates. Release The Hounds mixes two genres by sending unsuspecting contestants into a forest at dusk as they seek out chests full of prize money. In order to win big after a series of challenges, they must outrun a pack of hounds trained to guard the cash. Gogglebox created the series with Sony Pictures Television distributing the format internationally; it’s currently in discussions with other territories. Executive producers are Gogglebox founders Adam Wood and Mat Steiner.
ITV Orders Full Series Of Horror-Themed Game Show ‘Release The Hounds’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest International News
- CAA Signs Belgian Writer-Directors Adil El Arbi And Bilall Fallah
- BBC’s ‘Great British Bake-Off’ Scores Delicious Ratings, Positive Vibes
- Daniel Craig Says He’s Done With Bond; Is The Search Now On For New 007?
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Adds Melanie Liburd As A Red Priestess
- Paramount Movies To Be Distributed By Toho-Towa In Japan Under New Entity
- Imax China Starts Trading On Hong Kong Stock Exchange To Fuel China Expansion