The Danny Boyle-directed pilot for comedy-drama series Babylon centers on a London police force in desperate need of a spruced-up public image. Brit Marling stars as Liz Garvey, a new-media savvy American brought in to revolutionize the force’s PR department; James Nesbitt plays Chief Constable Richard Miller. BAFTA winners Sam Bain and Jesse Armstrong wrote the pilot and a further six episodes have been ordered by the UK’s Channel 4 for production this year. Boyle is exec producing with Robert Jones, Armstrong and Bain. The director is keeping busy in TV on both sides of the Atlantic; he’s also teamed with FX and his Slumdog Millionaire collaborator Simon Beaufoy on World War II miniseries Telemark. The Babylon pilot airs on Channel 4 on February 9. There’s no word yet on a U.S. deal, but below is a taste of what the show will look like.
Hot TV Trailer: Danny Boyle’s ‘Babylon’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- The China-Hollywood Poker Play: Is There A Sucker At This Table?
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Brings The Dark Side, And The Light: Hot Teaser
- James McAvoy Has Company In 'The Ruling Class'; 'Rocky Horror' Sequel Time Warps To Stage: West End Briefs
- Cannes Pics Vie For Delluc Prize; China Plans 6 'Three Body' Films: Global Showbiz Briefs
- Frank Yablans, Former Paramount President, Dead At 79