The Danny Boyle-directed pilot for comedy-drama series Babylon centers on a London police force in desperate need of a spruced-up public image. Brit Marling stars as Liz Garvey, a new-media savvy American brought in to revolutionize the force’s PR department; James Nesbitt plays Chief Constable Richard Miller. BAFTA winners Sam Bain and Jesse Armstrong wrote the pilot and a further six episodes have been ordered by the UK’s Channel 4 for production this year. Boyle is exec producing with Robert Jones, Armstrong and Bain. The director is keeping busy in TV on both sides of the Atlantic; he’s also teamed with FX and his Slumdog Millionaire collaborator Simon Beaufoy on World War II miniseries Telemark. The Babylon pilot airs on Channel 4 on February 9. There’s no word yet on a U.S. deal, but below is a taste of what the show will look like.
Hot TV Trailer: Danny Boyle’s ‘Babylon’
What's Hot on Deadline
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Director Terry Gilliam Says #MeToo "Got Silly", "Monster" Harvey Weinstein "Opened The Door" For Some
Latest International News
- California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump “Spinning Out Of Control”, Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- British Presenter Billie JD Porter Slams Vice Media’s Response To Sexual Harassment Claims
- ‘Glee’ Actor Matthew Morrison Outraged Over Treatment Of Dog On His Chinese Movie ‘Crazy Alien’
- ‘Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?’ Cheating Scandal Stage Play ‘Quiz’ Being Remade For Television By Left…
- Anna Maxwell Martin, David Wilmot, Vicky McClure & Daniel Mays To Front BBC IRA Bombing Drama