The Danny Boyle-directed pilot for comedy-drama series Babylon centers on a London police force in desperate need of a spruced-up public image. Brit Marling stars as Liz Garvey, a new-media savvy American brought in to revolutionize the force’s PR department; James Nesbitt plays Chief Constable Richard Miller. BAFTA winners Sam Bain and Jesse Armstrong wrote the pilot and a further six episodes have been ordered by the UK’s Channel 4 for production this year. Boyle is exec producing with Robert Jones, Armstrong and Bain. The director is keeping busy in TV on both sides of the Atlantic; he’s also teamed with FX and his Slumdog Millionaire collaborator Simon Beaufoy on World War II miniseries Telemark. The Babylon pilot airs on Channel 4 on February 9. There’s no word yet on a U.S. deal, but below is a taste of what the show will look like.
Hot TV Trailer: Danny Boyle’s ‘Babylon’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Rome Film Festival Reveals First 5 English-Language Titles; Soda Pictures Bringing 'Phoenix' To UK; More
- China: Understanding & Respect Key To Massive Market, But Does Anybody Know Anything?
- Global Showbiz Briefs: BBC's Hugh Bonneville Starrer 'W1A' Back For Season 2; Denmark's TDC Group Paying $2.15B For Norwegian…
- Intl Box Office Final: No. 1 Bragging Rights In China Too Close To Call As 'Storm,' 'Expendables 3′ And 'Apes' Fight It Out
- Patrice Théroux Exiting eOne; Steve Bertram Named President Global Film Group