The Danny Boyle-directed pilot for comedy-drama series Babylon centers on a London police force in desperate need of a spruced-up public image. Brit Marling stars as Liz Garvey, a new-media savvy American brought in to revolutionize the force’s PR department; James Nesbitt plays Chief Constable Richard Miller. BAFTA winners Sam Bain and Jesse Armstrong wrote the pilot and a further six episodes have been ordered by the UK’s Channel 4 for production this year. Boyle is exec producing with Robert Jones, Armstrong and Bain. The director is keeping busy in TV on both sides of the Atlantic; he’s also teamed with FX and his Slumdog Millionaire collaborator Simon Beaufoy on World War II miniseries Telemark. The Babylon pilot airs on Channel 4 on February 9. There’s no word yet on a U.S. deal, but below is a taste of what the show will look like.
Hot TV Trailer: Danny Boyle’s ‘Babylon’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Summer Film Budgets vs. Total Worldwide Grosses
- Venice: Thelma Schoonmaker On Working With Martin Scorsese, 'Silence' & Preserving Michael Powell's Legacy
- Weinstein Co Acquires 'Roald Dahl's Esio Trot' With Judi Dench & Dustin Hoffman
- Hot Venice Clip: James Franco's 'The Sound And The Fury'
- N Korea Warns UK Over C4 Political Thriller: “Anti-DPRK Hysteria” Would Bring “Disgrace And Self-Destruction”
- Venice: Lars Von Trier Speaks, Sort Of; Helmer Prepping English-Language TV Series, Eyes “Huge Cast”