Jim Jarmusch‘s vampire tale Only Lovers Left Alive premiered in Cannes last year where Sony Pictures Classics acquired it. The film then went on to berths in Toronto and the New York Film Festival. Now, it’s a Spotlight title in Sundance with its first screening on Monday. Tilda Swinton, Tom Hiddleston, Mia Wasikowska, John Hurt, Anton Yelchin and Jeffrey Wright star in the tale that’s set against the romantic desolation of Detroit and Tangier and follows a deeply depressed underground musician who reunites with his resilient and enigmatic lover. Their love story has already endured several centuries, but their debauched idyll is soon disrupted by her wild and uncontrollable younger sister. SPC has set an April 11 U.S release. The trailer below was put out this week for the French release that’s coming up on February 19th.
Hot Trailer: ‘Only Lovers Left Alive’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest Film News
- Stana Katic Scrubs In For Horror Movie ‘Cadaver’ At Screen Gems
- Joachim Rønning Attached To Direct David Heyman’s ‘Methuselah’ With Tom Cruise
- Iggy Pop Rocks In Jim Jarmusch's 'Gimme Danger' & 'Trumped' Returns Pre-Election – Specialty B.O. Preview
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Director Search Ongoing, But No Offers Yet
- ‘Inferno’ Starts Weekend With $800K – Box Office
- UK High Court Orders ISPs To Block 13 Piracy Websites