The Color Wheel helmer Alex Ross Perry‘s follow-up is comedic drama Listen Up Philip, which nabbed a berth in Sundance‘s Next sidebar and premieres Monday evening at the Library Center Theatre — the director and stars Jason Schwartzman, Elisabeth Moss, Jonathan Pryce, Krysten Ritter, and Josephine de La Baume will attend, we’re told. The plot centers on Philip (Schwartzman) as he awaits the publication of his sure-to-succeed second novel. He feels pushed out of his adopted home city by the constant crowds and noise, a deteriorating relationship with his girlfriend (Moss), and his own indifference to promoting the book. When Philip’s idol Ike Zimmerman (Pryce) offers his isolated summer home as a refuge, he finally gets the peace and quiet to focus on his favorite subject — himself. The pic is produced by Washington Square Films (All Is Lost) and Sailor Bear Productions, the team behind last year’s Sundance seller Ain’t Them Bodies Saints. Here’s a trailer:
Hot Sundance Trailer: ‘Listen Up Philip’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Deadpool’ Very Much Alive In $12M Overseas Open; $80M Intl Weekend Ahead?
- Douglas Smith Joins Jessica Chastain’s Team In ‘Miss Sloane’
- Dev Patel & Armie Hammer In Negotiations For Mumbai Siege Pic ‘Hotel Mumbai’ – Berlin
- ‘Batman V Superman’ Final Trailer: Batman (Featuring Superman)?
- George Clooney, Coens Grilled On Political Issues At Heated ‘Hail, Caesar!’ Panel – Berlin
- Berlin: Intense Competition For Top-Tier Titles Leaves Indie Buyers Facing Uncertain Future