The Color Wheel helmer Alex Ross Perry‘s follow-up is comedic drama Listen Up Philip, which nabbed a berth in Sundance‘s Next sidebar and premieres Monday evening at the Library Center Theatre — the director and stars Jason Schwartzman, Elisabeth Moss, Jonathan Pryce, Krysten Ritter, and Josephine de La Baume will attend, we’re told. The plot centers on Philip (Schwartzman) as he awaits the publication of his sure-to-succeed second novel. He feels pushed out of his adopted home city by the constant crowds and noise, a deteriorating relationship with his girlfriend (Moss), and his own indifference to promoting the book. When Philip’s idol Ike Zimmerman (Pryce) offers his isolated summer home as a refuge, he finally gets the peace and quiet to focus on his favorite subject — himself. The pic is produced by Washington Square Films (All Is Lost) and Sailor Bear Productions, the team behind last year’s Sundance seller Ain’t Them Bodies Saints. Here’s a trailer:
Hot Sundance Trailer: ‘Listen Up Philip’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video