One of the highlights of Michael Winterbottom’s The Trip was a Michael Caine-off between stars Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon. The duo is back again in Winterbottom’s The Trip To Italy, and so are the Caine impressions. The film just premiered in Sundance and will be released by IFC Films later this year. It will also air on the BBC in the UK. The previous film saw Coogan and Brydon play fictionalized versions of themselves on a restaurant tour of Northern England. In the follow-up, the pair sets off to Italy eating at some of the best gastronomic establishments and improvising along the way. This has been a strong year for Coogan who is nominated for an Oscar for co-writing and producing Best Picture nominee Philomena. The first Trip has a cult following and earned about $2M at the U.S. box office. Reviews out of Sundance have been strong and Coogan’s growing notoriety in the U.S. could help give the sequel a boost. Here’s a clip of Coogan and Brydon as they riff on Caine and the cast of The Dark Knight Rises.
Hot Clip: Steve Coogan & Rob Brydon Do More Michael Caine In ‘The Trip To Italy’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Tartaglione
- Will Sony Hack Impact UK Channel 4's North Korea Spy Thriller 'Opposite Number'?
- Q&A: Adopt Films' Tim Grady On Getting Americans To See Foreign-Lingo Movies
- 'The Interview' A No-Go Internationally As Well
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 2
- Japan-North Korea Talks Seen Unaffected By Sony Hack Attack Revelations