EXCLUSIVE: HBO has optioned the novel Lookaway, Lookaway by Wilton Barnhardt for a comedy series, which will be executive produced by former HBO entertainment president-turned-producer Sue Naegle and top comedy producer, 3 Arts’ David Miner (30 Rock, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Parks & Recreation). The project, set in Charlotte, North Carolina’s high society, is described as a scathing comic window into the dysfunction of the American family, as Old South traditions clash with 21st Century realities of sex, race, religion and class. Barnhardt will co-executive produce. Search is underway for a writer to pen the project, with Barnhardt involved at the story stage. Naegle, who left HBO in September, also serves as an executive producer on Robert Kirkman’s drama Outcast for HBO sibling Cinemax and Fox International Channels. The Lookaway, Lookaway novel is repped by RWSG.
HBO To Develop Comedy Based On Book ‘Lookaway, Lookaway’ With Sue Naegle & David Miner Producing
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Kelen Coleman Cast In CBS Comedy Pilot ‘Me, Myself & I’; Roberto Aguire Joins CBS’ Paul Attanasio Drama
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ To Launch By Early Fall On CBS All Access, Les Moonves Says
- Oscar Ratings Down Double Digits In Demo; 32.9M Viewership Hits 9-Year Low – Update
- Fox News’ Longtime Ad Sales Exec Paul Rittenberg To Leave In April
- Jeremy Piven To Topline ‘Wisdom Of The Crowd’ CBS Drama Pilot
- This Is Not A Joke: ‘La La Land’ Producer Jordan Horowitz Talks Oscars’ “Surreal Moment” On ‘GMA…