EXCLUSIVE: HBO has optioned the novel Lookaway, Lookaway by Wilton Barnhardt for a comedy series, which will be executive produced by former HBO entertainment president-turned-producer Sue Naegle and top comedy producer, 3 Arts’ David Miner (30 Rock, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Parks & Recreation). The project, set in Charlotte, North Carolina’s high society, is described as a scathing comic window into the dysfunction of the American family, as Old South traditions clash with 21st Century realities of sex, race, religion and class. Barnhardt will co-executive produce. Search is underway for a writer to pen the project, with Barnhardt involved at the story stage. Naegle, who left HBO in September, also serves as an executive producer on Robert Kirkman’s drama Outcast for HBO sibling Cinemax and Fox International Channels. The Lookaway, Lookaway novel is repped by RWSG.
HBO To Develop Comedy Based On Book ‘Lookaway, Lookaway’ With Sue Naegle & David Miner Producing
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate