EXCLUSIVE: HBO has optioned the novel Lookaway, Lookaway by Wilton Barnhardt for a comedy series, which will be executive produced by former HBO entertainment president-turned-producer Sue Naegle and top comedy producer, 3 Arts’ David Miner (30 Rock, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Parks & Recreation). The project, set in Charlotte, North Carolina’s high society, is described as a scathing comic window into the dysfunction of the American family, as Old South traditions clash with 21st Century realities of sex, race, religion and class. Barnhardt will co-executive produce. Search is underway for a writer to pen the project, with Barnhardt involved at the story stage. Naegle, who left HBO in September, also serves as an executive producer on Robert Kirkman’s drama Outcast for HBO sibling Cinemax and Fox International Channels. The Lookaway, Lookaway novel is repped by RWSG.
HBO To Develop Comedy Based On Book ‘Lookaway, Lookaway’ With Sue Naegle & David Miner Producing
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $177M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
Latest TV News
- ‘Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve’ Heads To New Orleans For First-Ever Live Central Time Zone Countdown
- ‘Westworld’ Explosive Finale Recap “The Bicameral Mind”: New Gods Will Walk
- ‘Designated Survivor’ Taps New Showrunner As Jon Harmon Feldman Exits
- CBS Will Continue To Broadcast Kennedy Center Honors Through 2025
- Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls ‘SNL’-Watching Prez-Elect “Terrifying Lunatic”…
- Netflix’s ‘Marvel’s Luke Cage’ Gets Season 2, No Return Date Set