Ahead of Girls‘ third season premiere on Sunday, the HBO comedy series has been picked up for a fourth season. The announcement was made by HBO EVP Casey Bloys at the start of the Girls TCA panel. Season 4 will film in the summer to air in 2015. Created by Lena Dunham, Girls has been a modest ratings performer but has transcended television to become a pop culture phenomenon in a way few shows have done and made stars out of its four leads, Dunham, Allison Williams, Zosia Mamet and Jemima Kirke. Girls, exec produced by Dunham, Judd Apatow and Jenni Konner, also has been a critical darling, earning solid reviews and a slew of major nominations, including two Golden Globe Awards last year.
TCA: HBO’s ‘Girls’ Renewed For Fourth Season
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Looked Un-Prepared At Debate, Hillary Clinton Looked "Like Preparation H"
Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O'Donnell Get The Last Word, For Now
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Looked Un-Prepared At Debate, Hillary Clinton Looked “Like Preparation H”
- Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O’Donnell Get The Last Word…
- Herman Echevarria Sr. Dies: ‘Real Housewives Of Miami’ Husband Was 61
- Donald Trump Vs. Hillary Clinton: Deadline Live Blogs The Debate
- ‘Supergirl’ Season 2 Trailer: National City Welcomes The Man Of Steel
- ‘Modern Family’ Casts Transgender Child Actor