EXCLUSIVE: Top UK DJ Calvin Harris has teamed with Will Smith and Jay-Z for Higher, a half-hour comedy series project that has been set up at HBO for development. Written by Trainspotting author Irvine Welsh and developed with Harris’ help, the fictional comedy is set in the world of electronic music. It comes from Overbrook Entertainment, Three Six Zero Group and Marcy Media, with Overbrook’s James Lassiter, Jada Pinkett Smith, Will Smith and Miguel Melendez serving as executive producers alongside Three Six Zero Group’s Mark Gillespie and Dean Wilson, along with Harris and Marcy Media’s Shawn “Jay-Z” Carter, Jay Brown, and Tyran “Ty Ty” Smith. This expands the relationship between Smith and Jay-Z who also are producing together the upcoming feature musical Annie. Harris is a Grammy award winning songwriter and producer, who was the first DJ to win the Ivor Novello Songwriter Of The Year Award. He has two more Grammy nominations this year, Best Dance Recording for Sweet Nothing, and Best Dance/Electronica Album for 18 Months. Released last October, 18 Months has sold over 1m albums and 28 million singles worldwide. The album produced 9 UK top 10 singles, including We Found Love feat. Rihanna, breaking Michael Jackson’s record for the most Top 10 singles from one album (7). Harris is managed by six-year-old Three Six Zero Group where he was the first client.
HBO Developing Electronic Music Comedy From DJ Calvin Harris, ‘Trainspotting’ Author Irvine Welsh, Will Smith & Jay-Z
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest TV News
- ‘Good Place’ NBC Comedy Series Casts William Jackson Harper
- Mark-Paul Gosselaar To Star In Fox Pilot ‘Pitch’
- CBS Comedy Pilot 'Superior Donuts' Casts Maz Jobrani
- Laura Dern To Star In HBO Death Row Drama In Development From Alex Gibney
- CBS Order For Matt Nix Drama Scrapped When Co-Production Deal Falls Through As Ownership Rules Pilot Season 2016
- ‘Outlander’ Season 2 Trailer: Is It Even Possible To Change The Future?