Alfonso Cuaron & Jonas Cuaron’s space odyssey took Best Original Screenplay and the John Ridley-penned historical drama got the Adapted Screenplay nod in awards presented tonight by scripting software company. The wins come days after Gravity and 12 Years A Slave both missed the cut for WGA Awards nominations. ABC’s Modern Family and AMC’s now-wrapped Breaking Bad won for best TV comedy and drama, respectively. The hardware was handed out during the ninth Final Draft Annual Awards, hosted by Jay Chandrasekhar and held on the Paramount lot. Nancy Meyers received the awards’ Hall of Fame honor.
‘Gravity’, ‘12 Years A Slave’ Top Final Draft’s Screenwriters Choice Awards
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run Show
Latest Awards News
- Mel Gibson Scores Hollywood Film Awards Director Honor
- Gotham Awards Nominations: ‘Manchester By The Sea’, ‘Moonlight’ Lead Way
- Uh-Oh, Older White Male Contenders Are Piling Into A Diverse Awards Season
- Hollywood Film Awards To Honor Tom Ford, Marc Platt & Kenneth Lonergan
- Ben Mendelsohn And Benedict Andrews Discuss ‘Una’: “I Haven’t Reacted Like That To A Script In A Long Time”…
- Jon Favreau To Receive Cinema Audio Society Filmmaker Award