Alfonso Cuaron & Jonas Cuaron’s space odyssey took Best Original Screenplay and the John Ridley-penned historical drama got the Adapted Screenplay nod in awards presented tonight by scripting software company. The wins come days after Gravity and 12 Years A Slave both missed the cut for WGA Awards nominations. ABC’s Modern Family and AMC’s now-wrapped Breaking Bad won for best TV comedy and drama, respectively. The hardware was handed out during the ninth Final Draft Annual Awards, hosted by Jay Chandrasekhar and held on the Paramount lot. Nancy Meyers received the awards’ Hall of Fame honor.
‘Gravity’, ‘12 Years A Slave’ Top Final Draft’s Screenwriters Choice Awards
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners