Alfonso Cuaron & Jonas Cuaron’s space odyssey took Best Original Screenplay and the John Ridley-penned historical drama got the Adapted Screenplay nod in awards presented tonight by scripting software company. The wins come days after Gravity and 12 Years A Slave both missed the cut for WGA Awards nominations. ABC’s Modern Family and AMC’s now-wrapped Breaking Bad won for best TV comedy and drama, respectively. The hardware was handed out during the ninth Final Draft Annual Awards, hosted by Jay Chandrasekhar and held on the Paramount lot. Nancy Meyers received the awards’ Hall of Fame honor.
‘Gravity’, ‘12 Years A Slave’ Top Final Draft’s Screenwriters Choice Awards
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Hot Trailer: Jason Reitman's 'Men, Women & Children'
- Annika Marks Joins ABC Family's 'The Fosters'; Rotimi Akinosho In Starz's 'Power'
- 'TMZ Hollywood Sports' To Anchor Reelz Primetime
- Relativity Sets Thrillers 'The Disappointments Room' & 'Kidnap' For Fall 2015
- Zach Gilford & Jonathan Cake Join USA Pilot 'Stanistan'
- Hot Trailer: Robert Downey Jr & Robert Duvall In 'The Judge'