Alfonso Cuaron & Jonas Cuaron’s space odyssey took Best Original Screenplay and the John Ridley-penned historical drama got the Adapted Screenplay nod in awards presented tonight by scripting software company. The wins come days after Gravity and 12 Years A Slave both missed the cut for WGA Awards nominations. ABC’s Modern Family and AMC’s now-wrapped Breaking Bad won for best TV comedy and drama, respectively. The hardware was handed out during the ninth Final Draft Annual Awards, hosted by Jay Chandrasekhar and held on the Paramount lot. Nancy Meyers received the awards’ Hall of Fame honor.
‘Gravity’, ‘12 Years A Slave’ Top Final Draft’s Screenwriters Choice Awards
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Holliday Grainger Toplines 'Lady Chatterley's Lover' For BBC One; Levi Meadon Joins Syfy's 'Olympus'
- SAG-AFTRA Members Ratify TV/Theatrical Contract
- Hot TV Clip: 'The Unauthorized Saved By The Bell Story'
- Repped By SAG-AFTRA, KPCC Gets First Union Contract
- 'MythBusters' Chops Three To Take Show Back To Its Roots
- Alicia Witt Signs With Innovative Artists & The Schiff Company