The actress has had a long career in Hollywood but has been absent from the scene for many years. The move to CAA from WME signals a return to work for Goldie Hawn, who has been involved for the past several years on her Hawn Foundation, which she founded in 2003 to focus on children and education. The foundation, which has grown to serving children and schools in over five continents, brings together educators, neuroscientists, psychologists and experts in mindful awareness training to help children learn to have a positive outlook and how to help others. Important and honorable work, indeed — especially in light of what has been happening across the country lately with school children at risk at every level. Hawn won both an Oscar and a Golden Globe for best supporting actress for her work in 1969’s Cactus Flower — but the role that everyone loves, of course, is Private Benjamin, which still holds up to this day. Her most recent film was The Banger Sisters, opposite Susan Sarandon and Geoffrey Rush. She also starred in the comedy Death Becomes Her with now-fellow CAA client Meryl Streep. More important, she was one of the producers of the telefilm The Matthew Shepard Story, which told the true story of the openly gay college student who was horribly beaten and left tied to a fence to die because he was homosexual. The hate crime shook the nation in 1998. Hawn will be repped by a team of agents led by Fred Specktor. She is managed by Rick Nicita and attorney Marcy Morris.
Goldie Hawn Signs With CAA
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Busch
- 'The Admiral: Roaring Currents' Becomes Top Grossing Korean Film In U.S.
- Box Office FINAL: 'Maze Runner' Finds $32.5M; Liam's 'Walk' Limps In With $12.7M; 'Where I Leave You,' $11.5M
- MGM Buys 55% Of Roma Downey And Mark Burnett's Empire; Relaunches United Artists
- Sarah Jones Walk-A-Thon Planned By 'Vampire Diaries,' 'The Originals' Cast And Crew
- Political Strategist Andy Spahn Adds Partner Jennifer Gonring To Co.'s Moniker