The actress has had a long career in Hollywood but has been absent from the scene for many years. The move to CAA from WME signals a return to work for Goldie Hawn, who has been involved for the past several years on her Hawn Foundation, which she founded in 2003 to focus on children and education. The foundation, which has grown to serving children and schools in over five continents, brings together educators, neuroscientists, psychologists and experts in mindful awareness training to help children learn to have a positive outlook and how to help others. Important and honorable work, indeed — especially in light of what has been happening across the country lately with school children at risk at every level. Hawn won both an Oscar and a Golden Globe for best supporting actress for her work in 1969’s Cactus Flower — but the role that everyone loves, of course, is Private Benjamin, which still holds up to this day. Her most recent film was The Banger Sisters, opposite Susan Sarandon and Geoffrey Rush. She also starred in the comedy Death Becomes Her with now-fellow CAA client Meryl Streep. More important, she was one of the producers of the telefilm The Matthew Shepard Story, which told the true story of the openly gay college student who was horribly beaten and left tied to a fence to die because he was homosexual. The hate crime shook the nation in 1998. Hawn will be repped by a team of agents led by Fred Specktor. She is managed by Rick Nicita and attorney Marcy Morris.
Goldie Hawn Signs With CAA
What's Hot on Deadline
Film Independent Spirit Award Nominations Announced: 'Carol', 'Spotlight', 'Beasts Of Nation' Come Up Strong
CW's 'DC's Legends Of Tomorrow', 'The 100', Get Premiere Dates, 'Vampire Diaries', 'The Originals' Move To Friday
Latest Film News
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘99 Homes’ Director Ramin Bahrani On Shannon, Garfield & “Web Of Corruption”…
- Bridge Independent & Ketchup Ink Digital Deal
- ‘The Danish Girl’s Tom Hooper On “Moving” Transgender Response To The Film – AwardsLine Screening
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- Ryan Gosling Orbiting Damien Chazelle’s Neil Armstrong Movie At Universal?
- ‘Knight Of Cups’ Trailer: Christian Bale’s Excellent Misadventure