Gerard Butler is chasing the big waves again. The star of Chasing Mavericks has been set to play the Zen adrenaline-junkie bank robber role originated by Patrick Swayze in Point Break, the remake of the 1991 Kathryn Bigelow film that also starred Keanu Reeves. Ericson Core is directing the remake for Alcon Entertainment‘s Broderick Johnson and Andrew Kosove. Kurt Wimmer wrote the script.
Gerard Butler Catches Wave In ‘Point Break’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Fleming Jr
- 'Let's Be Cops' Helmer Luke Greenfield Closes Fox Deal For Next Pic
- Liam Neeson Sweet On Harlan Coben's 'Tell No One'
- Ridley Scott, Giannina Facio Acquire Faith-Based 'Embraced By The Light'
- RatPac Entertainment Sets Paul Neinstein To Be COO
- Toronto: 'The Dead Lands' Acquired By Magnet In NA Rights Deal
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Katey Sagal Mothers Vinny Pazienza In Fight Pic 'Bleed For This'