Gerard Butler is chasing the big waves again. The star of Chasing Mavericks has been set to play the Zen adrenaline-junkie bank robber role originated by Patrick Swayze in Point Break, the remake of the 1991 Kathryn Bigelow film that also starred Keanu Reeves. Ericson Core is directing the remake for Alcon Entertainment‘s Broderick Johnson and Andrew Kosove. Kurt Wimmer wrote the script.
Gerard Butler Catches Wave In ‘Point Break’
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick,' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' In Box Office Weekend
More From Fleming Jr
- Hot Red Band Trailer: 'Nightcrawler'
- Warner Bros To Remake 'Who Am I'; Pic Is German Box Office Sensation
- Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor Joining DC Comics Pic 'Suicide Squad'?
- 'Act Of Killing' Helmer Joshua Oppenheimer Signs With UTA
- Sebastian Stan Joins 'The Martian' And 'Ricki And The Flash'
- Chiwetel Ejiofor Lands On 'The Martian'