When Louis C.K., creator/star of FX‘s acclaimed comedy series Louie, signed an overall deal with FX Productions last month, one of his main goals was to guide other creators as they get their projects off the ground. “I can’t wait to see who he brings through our door,” FX Networks CEO John Landgraf said at the time. Well, he brought another A-list comedian, Zach Galifianakis. FX has ordered a comedy pilot created by and starring Galifianakis and co-written by Louis C.K. There is no concept yet for the project, the first to come out of Louis C.K. and his company’s Pig Newton’s overall pact at FX Productions. Galifianakis will executive produce alongside Louis C.K., Blair Breard, Dave Becky, Andrea Pett-Joseph and Marc Gurvitz. This marks the 12th (!) greenlighted comedy pilot for FX Productions as the company is ramping up comedy production to supply both FX and sibling FXX. Galifianakis is with CAA and Brillstein; C.K. is with 3 Arts Entertainment; Breard is repped by UTA.
FX Orders Comedy Pilot Created By, Starring Zach Galifianakis & Co-Written By Louis C.K.
What's Hot on Deadline
Sequel To Cult Sci-Fi Pic 'The Man From Earth' A Go With Vanessa Williams, Sterling Knight Among Cast
Daniel Craig And Katherine Heigl Finalizing Deals To Join Steven Soderbergh's 'Logan Lucky' As James Bond News Surfaces
Latest TV News
- ‘Chelsea’ Executive Producer Bill Wolff Departs Netflix Talk Show
- Indie Producers Say They're Getting Shortchanged By California's Tax Incentives Program
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: ‘The Circus’ Is Apt Name For Showtime Docuseries Chronicling…
- ‘Glee’ Actor Mark Salling Indicted On Child Porn Charges, Faces 20 Years In Prison
- Donald Trump Backs Out Of Debate With Bernie Sanders, TV Networks Mourn
- Viacom’s Battle With Sumner Redstone Could Hurt Credit, S&P Says