FX CEO John Landgraf today officially confirmed that the network’s drama series Justified will end its run with a sixth and final season. The final installment of the series, executive produced by Graham Yost and starring Timothy Olyphant, has not been formally ordered yet as Justified just launched its fifth season. “It was really Graham and Tim Olyphant’s decision [to end it],” Landgraf said at TCA today. “We talked about it a year ago, and they felt that the arc of the show and what they had to say [fit better with six seasons than seven]. Regretfully, that’s their decision.” Justified’s fifth season opened with 2.84 million viewers last week, down 21% from the 3.59 million who tuned in for the Season 4 opener.
FX Confirms ‘Justified’ Endgame Plans
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Euro 2016: Will French Strikes & Fuel Shortages Be A Boon For Broadcasters?
- Warriors-Thunder Game 7 Is Cable’s Most Watched NBA Telecast Ever With 16M Viewers On TNT
- ‘The Shield’ Actor Michael Jace Guilty Of Second-Degree Murder
- ‘Dance Moms’ Abby Lee Miller In Plea Deal Talks For $5M Fraud Case; Seeks Another Delay From Judge
- Facebook, Twitter & Others To Combat Hate Speech In Europe; Lars Mikkelsen ‘Rides Upon The Storm’; Paul Hogan Mini…
- Donald Trump Calls ABC Reporter “A Sleaze” During News Conference About Veterans Fundraiser