Lionsgate’s CodeBlack Films will release the psychological thriller on February 28 in the U.S. Repentance, from Forest Whitaker‘s Significant Productions and JuntoBox, stars Whitaker (Lee Daniels’ The Butler) as a single father coping with the recent mysterious death of his mother. Suspecting that a well-known psychiatrist (Anthony Mackie) might have been involved in her death, he kidnaps the man and his family — relentlessly torturing them in hopes of uncovering the truth. Mike Epps also stars. Philippe Caland directed from the screenplay he wrote with Shintaro Shimosawa. Caland also produced with Whitaker and his producing partner, Nina Yang Bongiovi. Repentance will make its market debut at the European Film Market in Berlin, with Film Bridge International handling international distribution.
Forest Whitaker Thriller ‘Repentance’ Coming To U.S. In February
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office FINAL: 'Maze Runner' Finds $32.5M; Liam's 'Walk' Limps In With $12.7M; 'Where I Leave You,' $11.5M
More From Team
- Peter Dinklage Set For 'The Thicket'; John Magaro Joins 'The Finest Hours'; Celebrity Death Pool Pic Adds 6 To Cast
- John Travolta, Kate Bosworth & Devon Sawa Wired Up For 'Life On The Line'
- 'Kingsman: The Secret Service': Hot Trailer
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5: Hot TV Teaser
- Joan Rivers Tribute Nabs 'Fashion Police' Biggest Audience Ever
- R.I.P. Dutch Filmmaker George Sluizer