Lionsgate’s CodeBlack Films will release the psychological thriller on February 28 in the U.S. Repentance, from Forest Whitaker‘s Significant Productions and JuntoBox, stars Whitaker (Lee Daniels’ The Butler) as a single father coping with the recent mysterious death of his mother. Suspecting that a well-known psychiatrist (Anthony Mackie) might have been involved in her death, he kidnaps the man and his family — relentlessly torturing them in hopes of uncovering the truth. Mike Epps also stars. Philippe Caland directed from the screenplay he wrote with Shintaro Shimosawa. Caland also produced with Whitaker and his producing partner, Nina Yang Bongiovi. Repentance will make its market debut at the European Film Market in Berlin, with Film Bridge International handling international distribution.
Forest Whitaker Thriller ‘Repentance’ Coming To U.S. In February
What's Hot on Deadline
Relativity Changes Coming Fast Today -- Sports Division Head And Co-Chief Out; Ron Burkle Takes Over
Latest Film News
- Relativity Changes Coming Fast Today — Sports Division Head And Co-Chief Out; Ron Burkle Takes Over
- Edie Falco Set For Biopic ‘Megan Leavey’
- ‘Janis: Little Girl Blue’ Acquired By FilmRise For November Bow
- ‘Ray Donovan’s Liev Schreiber, Naomi Watts To Star In Chuck Wepner Underdog Ring Saga ‘The Bleeder’
- Luc Besson’s ‘Valerian’ Calling On Aspiring Artists: Another ‘Fifth Element’ Fashion Statement?
- Shout! Acquires All U.S. Rights To Arcana Studios’ H.P. Lovecraft Animated Film