Lionsgate’s CodeBlack Films will release the psychological thriller on February 28 in the U.S. Repentance, from Forest Whitaker‘s Significant Productions and JuntoBox, stars Whitaker (Lee Daniels’ The Butler) as a single father coping with the recent mysterious death of his mother. Suspecting that a well-known psychiatrist (Anthony Mackie) might have been involved in her death, he kidnaps the man and his family — relentlessly torturing them in hopes of uncovering the truth. Mike Epps also stars. Philippe Caland directed from the screenplay he wrote with Shintaro Shimosawa. Caland also produced with Whitaker and his producing partner, Nina Yang Bongiovi. Repentance will make its market debut at the European Film Market in Berlin, with Film Bridge International handling international distribution.
Forest Whitaker Thriller ‘Repentance’ Coming To U.S. In February
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
About 1 Million Watch Chelsea Handler Say So Long To E! As Gwen Stefani Nearly Fumbles Another TV Appearance: Video
More From Team
- Netflix Gets Into French Originals Business With 'Marseille'
- Diane Sawyer Signs Off As Anchor Of 'World News' (Video)
- R.I.P. Character Actor Stephen Lee
- UPDATE: 'Magic Mike' Sequel Moved Up To Wednesday Before Fourth Of July
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Snags Summer Season's Second Strongest Numbers With Major Spoiler
- John Hillcoat's 'Triple Nine' Gets September 2015 Release Date