Lionsgate’s CodeBlack Films will release the psychological thriller on February 28 in the U.S. Repentance, from Forest Whitaker‘s Significant Productions and JuntoBox, stars Whitaker (Lee Daniels’ The Butler) as a single father coping with the recent mysterious death of his mother. Suspecting that a well-known psychiatrist (Anthony Mackie) might have been involved in her death, he kidnaps the man and his family — relentlessly torturing them in hopes of uncovering the truth. Mike Epps also stars. Philippe Caland directed from the screenplay he wrote with Shintaro Shimosawa. Caland also produced with Whitaker and his producing partner, Nina Yang Bongiovi. Repentance will make its market debut at the European Film Market in Berlin, with Film Bridge International handling international distribution.
Forest Whitaker Thriller ‘Repentance’ Coming To U.S. In February
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo' Future In Question With Possible Sex Offender Connection
- Gotham Awards Nominees Announced: 'Boyhood' & 'Birdman' Lead Way
- Create Advertising Group Ups Carrie Gormley & Jonathan Gitlin
- Karen Pittman Joins 'The Americans'; Gloria Reuben In 'Mr. Robot'
- 'Below Deck' Renewed For Third Season By Bravo
- 'Shark Tank' Spinoff 'Beyond The Tank' Ordered At ABC