Under the deal, Richard Korson will develop comedic programming targeted toward young adults and companion programming for truTV‘s sports telecasts, including the network’s portion of the NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship, truTV announced today. Korson headed up Jon Stewart’s Busboy Productions from 2005-2011, during which time he oversaw the production of The Daily Show With Jon Stewart. Korson also helped develop The Colbert Report and Important Things With Demetri Martin. Before he joined Busboy, Korson served as director of development and production at Comedy Central, where he developed and oversaw production of shows such as Insomniac With Dave Attel, TV Funhouse (with Robert Smigel), Chappelle Show, Night Of Too Many Stars: An Overbooked Benefit For Autism Education and Tough Crowd With Colin Quinn.
Ex-Busboy Productions Exec Richard Korson Inks TruTV Development Deal
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Red Band Society' Bus Ads Pulled Over Offensive Language Referring To Octavia Spencer
- Hot Trailer: Christoph Waltz & Amy Adams In Tim Burton's 'Big Eyes'
- Fox Moves 'Assassin's Creed' Out of 2015; Sets 'Deadpool' For Feb. 2016
- Ruben Fleischer, David Bernad & Justin Spitzer Sell Workplace Comedy To NBC
- Tech Titan Larry Ellison Steps Down As Oracle CEO
- R.I.P. Publicist Bob Palmer