Under the deal, Richard Korson will develop comedic programming targeted toward young adults and companion programming for truTV‘s sports telecasts, including the network’s portion of the NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship, truTV announced today. Korson headed up Jon Stewart’s Busboy Productions from 2005-2011, during which time he oversaw the production of The Daily Show With Jon Stewart. Korson also helped develop The Colbert Report and Important Things With Demetri Martin. Before he joined Busboy, Korson served as director of development and production at Comedy Central, where he developed and oversaw production of shows such as Insomniac With Dave Attel, TV Funhouse (with Robert Smigel), Chappelle Show, Night Of Too Many Stars: An Overbooked Benefit For Autism Education and Tough Crowd With Colin Quinn.
Ex-Busboy Productions Exec Richard Korson Inks TruTV Development Deal
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- R.I.P. Fashion Designer Oscar De La Renta, Dead At 82
- Lucas Hedges & Penn Badgley Join 'The Slap' Miniseries On NBC; 'Full Circle' Sets Cast
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016