Under the deal, Richard Korson will develop comedic programming targeted toward young adults and companion programming for truTV‘s sports telecasts, including the network’s portion of the NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship, truTV announced today. Korson headed up Jon Stewart’s Busboy Productions from 2005-2011, during which time he oversaw the production of The Daily Show With Jon Stewart. Korson also helped develop The Colbert Report and Important Things With Demetri Martin. Before he joined Busboy, Korson served as director of development and production at Comedy Central, where he developed and oversaw production of shows such as Insomniac With Dave Attel, TV Funhouse (with Robert Smigel), Chappelle Show, Night Of Too Many Stars: An Overbooked Benefit For Autism Education and Tough Crowd With Colin Quinn.
Ex-Busboy Productions Exec Richard Korson Inks TruTV Development Deal
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Ryan Knight, 'Real World' Star, Dead At 29
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot