Under the pact, Entertainment One will handle El Rey Network‘s slate of original scripted programming worldwide. The deal was announced today by John Morayniss, CEO, eOne Television, and Scott Sassa, Vice Chair, El Rey Network. The first project under the pact is El Rey’s upcoming series Matador, a scripted thriller from K/O Paper Products’ Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman. EOne will also handle DVD and EST rights in the U.S. and Canada for El Rey’s new supernatural crime saga From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series, set to premiere March 11. This deal comes on the heels of eOne’s partnership with AMC Networks to exclusively distribute AMC and Sundance Channel’s original scripted series internationally announced in September.
EOne, Robert Rodriguez’s El Rey Network Ink Multi-Year International Distribution Deal
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest TV News
- ‘Today’ Wins Week After Rio Games Wrap, But ‘CBS This Morning’ Shows Growth
- ‘Criminal Minds’: Paget Brewster Becomes Series Regular Again On CBS Drama
- ‘American Ninja Warrior’ Ratings Top Monday On Steady Night
- CBS Buys Corinne Kingsbury Family Comedy From Kapital Entertainment
- Sony Pictures TV Taps PMK-BNC Exec Stacy Weitz As VP Communications
- Fox News Dominates August But Down Vs. 2015; CNN No. 2 In News Demo, While MSNBC Takes Total Viewers