Under the pact, Entertainment One will handle El Rey Network‘s slate of original scripted programming worldwide. The deal was announced today by John Morayniss, CEO, eOne Television, and Scott Sassa, Vice Chair, El Rey Network. The first project under the pact is El Rey’s upcoming series Matador, a scripted thriller from K/O Paper Products’ Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman. EOne will also handle DVD and EST rights in the U.S. and Canada for El Rey’s new supernatural crime saga From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series, set to premiere March 11. This deal comes on the heels of eOne’s partnership with AMC Networks to exclusively distribute AMC and Sundance Channel’s original scripted series internationally announced in September.
EOne, Robert Rodriguez’s El Rey Network Ink Multi-Year International Distribution Deal
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'