Under the pact, Entertainment One will handle El Rey Network‘s slate of original scripted programming worldwide. The deal was announced today by John Morayniss, CEO, eOne Television, and Scott Sassa, Vice Chair, El Rey Network. The first project under the pact is El Rey’s upcoming series Matador, a scripted thriller from K/O Paper Products’ Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman. EOne will also handle DVD and EST rights in the U.S. and Canada for El Rey’s new supernatural crime saga From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series, set to premiere March 11. This deal comes on the heels of eOne’s partnership with AMC Networks to exclusively distribute AMC and Sundance Channel’s original scripted series internationally announced in September.
EOne, Robert Rodriguez’s El Rey Network Ink Multi-Year International Distribution Deal
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Ryan Knight, 'Real World' Star, Dead At 29
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot