Under the pact, Entertainment One will handle El Rey Network‘s slate of original scripted programming worldwide. The deal was announced today by John Morayniss, CEO, eOne Television, and Scott Sassa, Vice Chair, El Rey Network. The first project under the pact is El Rey’s upcoming series Matador, a scripted thriller from K/O Paper Products’ Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman. EOne will also handle DVD and EST rights in the U.S. and Canada for El Rey’s new supernatural crime saga From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series, set to premiere March 11. This deal comes on the heels of eOne’s partnership with AMC Networks to exclusively distribute AMC and Sundance Channel’s original scripted series internationally announced in September.
EOne, Robert Rodriguez’s El Rey Network Ink Multi-Year International Distribution Deal
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Holliday Grainger Toplines 'Lady Chatterley's Lover' For BBC One; Levi Meadon Joins Syfy's 'Olympus'
- SAG-AFTRA Members Ratify TV/Theatrical Contract
- Hot TV Clip: 'The Unauthorized Saved By The Bell Story'
- Repped By SAG-AFTRA, KPCC Gets First Union Contract
- 'MythBusters' Chops Three To Take Show Back To Its Roots
- Alicia Witt Signs With Innovative Artists & The Schiff Company