MTV President of Programming Susanne Daniels has added another senior level programming executive to her team, hiring BBC Worldwide Prods.’ Elli Hakami as EVP of Current Series and Programming. She fills the void left by the May departure of EVP of programming and head of production Chris Linn who left to run TruTV. Based in New York, Hakami will oversee creation and development of MTV’s East Coast reality series, reporting to Daniels. She is the East Coast counterpart of Lauren Dolgen, who heads West Coast unscripted development. The senior exec on the scripted side is SVP Mina Lefevre whom Daniels brought over a year ago. Hakami was most recently SVP of Programming and Production at BBC Worldwide Prods. where she developed and executive produced such series as What Not To Wear (TLC), Richard Hammond’s Crash Course (BBC 2), Americans In Bed (HBO), and Life Below Zero (Nat Geo). Before that, Hakami launched and led Discovery’s New York and Los Angeles development offices and served as head of development when series like Gold Rush: Alaska and Dual Survivor were created. Hakami also was a development executive at truTV (then Court TV).
Elli Hakami Joins MTV As EVP Current Series & Programming
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
'Mockingjay' Rules Roost; 'Good Dinosaur' Hatches With $29M; 'The Martian' Lands $50M In China - Intl Box Office Update
’The Danish Girl’ Bows With Style; 'Janis: Little Girl Blue' Solid In Debut; 'Carol’ Dominates Thanksgiving: Specialty B.O.
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Latest TV News
- Al Markim, Who Played Astro In Pioneering ‘Tom Corbett, Space Cadet,’ Dies At 88
- ‘MasterChef Jr.’ Ratings Down, ‘Amazing Race’ Even, ‘Santa Claus’ Matches 2014
- ‘NFL On CBS’ Snags Strong Thanksgiving Day Ratings
- Marvel’s ‘Agent Carter’ Season 2 Teaser: Hayley Atwell Kicks Butt In Hollywood
- Thanksgiving NFL Matchup Draws 27.8M Viewers, 2nd-Most Ever For NBC Primetime Regular-Season Game – Update
- French Media Dedicates Coverage To Emotional Memorial Service For Victims Of Paris Attacks