MTV President of Programming Susanne Daniels has added another senior level programming executive to her team, hiring BBC Worldwide Prods.’ Elli Hakami as EVP of Current Series and Programming. She fills the void left by the May departure of EVP of programming and head of production Chris Linn who left to run TruTV. Based in New York, Hakami will oversee creation and development of MTV’s East Coast reality series, reporting to Daniels. She is the East Coast counterpart of Lauren Dolgen, who heads West Coast unscripted development. The senior exec on the scripted side is SVP Mina Lefevre whom Daniels brought over a year ago. Hakami was most recently SVP of Programming and Production at BBC Worldwide Prods. where she developed and executive produced such series as What Not To Wear (TLC), Richard Hammond’s Crash Course (BBC 2), Americans In Bed (HBO), and Life Below Zero (Nat Geo). Before that, Hakami launched and led Discovery’s New York and Los Angeles development offices and served as head of development when series like Gold Rush: Alaska and Dual Survivor were created. Hakami also was a development executive at truTV (then Court TV).
Elli Hakami Joins MTV As EVP Current Series & Programming
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest TV News
- Modern VideoFilm Founder Sues New Owner For $100 Million
- Latest Creative Arts Emmys Presenters Include Chris Hardwick, Margo Martindale & Gloria Steinem – Update
- ABC Nabs ‘Start Up’ Comedy Starring & Directed By Zach Braff As Put Pilot
- IATSE Offers To Help ‘Sausage Party’ Animators & Fight “Untenable” VFX Working Conditions
- ‘Splitting Up Together’ Comedy From Emily Kapnek & Ellen DeGeneres Gets ABC Put Pilot Commitment
- Donald Trump: Abedin-Weiner Split Exposes Possible National Security Risk In Clinton Campaign