EXCLUSIVE: Parents of kids of a certain age can breathe easier: The preschooler-targeted network has picked up Sofia The First and Doc McStuffins for third seasons and Jake And The Never Land Pirates for a fourth. All three Disney Junior shows ranked among the top cable series among kids 2-5 last year and in the top 10 preschooler cable TV series in total viewers and women 18-49. Sofia The First, which follows the adventures of Disney’s first little-girl princess, has been on a tear ratings-rise: Last month’s special Sofia The First: The Floating Palace was the second-most-watched telecast in cable TV history in the kids 2-5 demo and No. 1 in scores of other preschool demos. It and Doc McStuffins, about a 6-year-old girl who runs a clinic for her stuffed animals and toys, also are nominated for Annie Awards. Jake And The Never Land Pirates, featuring a crew of kid pirates alongside the classic characters Captain Hook and Mr. Smee, was Annie-nommed the previous year. All three series air daily on Disney Junior and Disney Channel and are seen in more than 130 countries.
Disney Junior Renews ‘Sofia The First’, ‘Doc McStuffins’ & ‘Jake And The Never Land Pirates’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Vivendi's Vincent Bollore Angles To Become Europe's Powerhouse Cable, Web & Phone Provider
- R.I.P. Theodore J. Flicker, Creator of 'Barney Miller'
- 'Whiplash', 'The Good Lie' Win Top Awards At Deauville American Film Festival
- DeadlineNow @ Toronto: Pete Hammond On The Contenders Emerging From The Festival
- Hot Trailer: Keanu Reeves Is 'John Wick'