Changes are coming Monday as Disney/ABC Television Group launches its new ABC Family authenticated streaming service, limiting the 24/7 availability of streaming content and bringing the network’s multi-platform offerings in line with the nets and HBO. Effective Monday January 6, viewers will have to log into the WATCH ABC/WATCH ABC FAMILY apps, websites, or Hulu with subscriptions in order to watch the most current ABC and ABC Family streaming episodes. The WATCH ABC FAMILY app will be available on iOS and Kindle Fire devices and select Android tablets. Shows can also be accessed online at WATCHABCFAMILY.com. (The service will expand to select Android phones, Blackberry, and Windows 8 devices later this month.) After an 8-day privileged viewing window for subscription customers On Demand, WATCH ABC content will be unlocked for all users; ABC FAMILY episodes will be viewable On Demand only to verified subscribers. Cable providers offering authenticated subscriptions include Comcast, Cablevision, Cox Communications, Charter Communications, Midcontinent Communications, Verizon FiOS, Google Fiber and AT&T U-verse.
Disney To Expand Authenticated Streaming To ABC Family Shows
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Huayi Brothers Spending $130 Million To Start U.S. Subsidiary
- 11 Years Later, Feds Order CNN To Rehire Fired Union Workers
- Hot Trailer: Jason Schwartzman & Elisabeth Moss In 'Listen Up Philip'
- Chiké Okonkwo Set For 'Banshee' Arc; Scott Glenn Joins 'Marvel's Daredevil'
- UPDATE: FCC Weighs In On Local Broadcaster's Rescue Of Dodgers For Stretch Run
- 'Bill Maher: Live From DC' HBO's Most Watched Comedy Special In 5 Years