Changes are coming Monday as Disney/ABC Television Group launches its new ABC Family authenticated streaming service, limiting the 24/7 availability of streaming content and bringing the network’s multi-platform offerings in line with the nets and HBO. Effective Monday January 6, viewers will have to log into the WATCH ABC/WATCH ABC FAMILY apps, websites, or Hulu with subscriptions in order to watch the most current ABC and ABC Family streaming episodes. The WATCH ABC FAMILY app will be available on iOS and Kindle Fire devices and select Android tablets. Shows can also be accessed online at WATCHABCFAMILY.com. (The service will expand to select Android phones, Blackberry, and Windows 8 devices later this month.) After an 8-day privileged viewing window for subscription customers On Demand, WATCH ABC content will be unlocked for all users; ABC FAMILY episodes will be viewable On Demand only to verified subscribers. Cable providers offering authenticated subscriptions include Comcast, Cablevision, Cox Communications, Charter Communications, Midcontinent Communications, Verizon FiOS, Google Fiber and AT&T U-verse.
Disney To Expand Authenticated Streaming To ABC Family Shows
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Team
- Candy Crowley Saluted By Colleagues, Competition, Late-Night Hosts And Robot - Video
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'
- Dr. Evil Disses Sony, Kim Jong-un, Many Others In Mike Myers' Surprise 'SNL' Return
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE