Changes are coming Monday as Disney/ABC Television Group launches its new ABC Family authenticated streaming service, limiting the 24/7 availability of streaming content and bringing the network’s multi-platform offerings in line with the nets and HBO. Effective Monday January 6, viewers will have to log into the WATCH ABC/WATCH ABC FAMILY apps, websites, or Hulu with subscriptions in order to watch the most current ABC and ABC Family streaming episodes. The WATCH ABC FAMILY app will be available on iOS and Kindle Fire devices and select Android tablets. Shows can also be accessed online at WATCHABCFAMILY.com. (The service will expand to select Android phones, Blackberry, and Windows 8 devices later this month.) After an 8-day privileged viewing window for subscription customers On Demand, WATCH ABC content will be unlocked for all users; ABC FAMILY episodes will be viewable On Demand only to verified subscribers. Cable providers offering authenticated subscriptions include Comcast, Cablevision, Cox Communications, Charter Communications, Midcontinent Communications, Verizon FiOS, Google Fiber and AT&T U-verse.
Disney To Expand Authenticated Streaming To ABC Family Shows
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fear The Walking Dead' Finale: Gale Anne Hurd On Season 2, 'Walking Dead' Season 6 & No Zombie Apocalypse Crossover
'Martian' 2nd-Best Opening For October, Damon & Scott Despite Losing Fuel Sunday; Verdi Trips 'Walk' - B.O. Postmortem
Latest TV News
- Mark Gordon Teaming With ProSieben On ‘Darkness Falls’ Procedural – Mipcom
- ABC Buys Legal Drama ‘Conviction’ From Mark Gordon Company As Put Pilot
- ‘Gotham’ EP On Tonight’s Joker Origin Shocker & Honoring The Batman Legacy
- Roger Bart Joins ‘Graves’ On Epix; Tembi Locke In USA Pilot ‘Shooter’
- Harvey Weinstein & BBC Debut ‘War And Peace’ Footage, Talk Future Collaborations – Mipcom
- Does Lionsgate Have Starz In Its Eyes?