Changes are coming Monday as Disney/ABC Television Group launches its new ABC Family authenticated streaming service, limiting the 24/7 availability of streaming content and bringing the network’s multi-platform offerings in line with the nets and HBO. Effective Monday January 6, viewers will have to log into the WATCH ABC/WATCH ABC FAMILY apps, websites, or Hulu with subscriptions in order to watch the most current ABC and ABC Family streaming episodes. The WATCH ABC FAMILY app will be available on iOS and Kindle Fire devices and select Android tablets. Shows can also be accessed online at WATCHABCFAMILY.com. (The service will expand to select Android phones, Blackberry, and Windows 8 devices later this month.) After an 8-day privileged viewing window for subscription customers On Demand, WATCH ABC content will be unlocked for all users; ABC FAMILY episodes will be viewable On Demand only to verified subscribers. Cable providers offering authenticated subscriptions include Comcast, Cablevision, Cox Communications, Charter Communications, Midcontinent Communications, Verizon FiOS, Google Fiber and AT&T U-verse.
Disney To Expand Authenticated Streaming To ABC Family Shows
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
'Sharp Objects' Trailer Gives A Chilling First Look At Amy Adams In HBO Adaptation Of Gillian Flynn Novel
Latest TV News
- 'The Split': Creator Abi Morgan Files Papers On Female-Led Divorce Drama For BBC One & SundanceTV
- John Oliver Compares Donald Trump Administration To ‘Sharknado’
- ‘Westworld’ Season 2 Premiere Recap: Time’s Up In The Park
- ‘Sharp Objects’ Trailer Gives A Chilling First Look At Amy Adams In HBO Adaptation Of Gillian Flynn Novel
- ‘Westworld’ Season 2 Review: The Robot Revolution Will Be Televised, Beautifully
- ‘Fixer Upper’ Spin-off ‘Woodworker’ To Bow On DIY Network