Changes are coming Monday as Disney/ABC Television Group launches its new ABC Family authenticated streaming service, limiting the 24/7 availability of streaming content and bringing the network’s multi-platform offerings in line with the nets and HBO. Effective Monday January 6, viewers will have to log into the WATCH ABC/WATCH ABC FAMILY apps, websites, or Hulu with subscriptions in order to watch the most current ABC and ABC Family streaming episodes. The WATCH ABC FAMILY app will be available on iOS and Kindle Fire devices and select Android tablets. Shows can also be accessed online at WATCHABCFAMILY.com. (The service will expand to select Android phones, Blackberry, and Windows 8 devices later this month.) After an 8-day privileged viewing window for subscription customers On Demand, WATCH ABC content will be unlocked for all users; ABC FAMILY episodes will be viewable On Demand only to verified subscribers. Cable providers offering authenticated subscriptions include Comcast, Cablevision, Cox Communications, Charter Communications, Midcontinent Communications, Verizon FiOS, Google Fiber and AT&T U-verse.
Disney To Expand Authenticated Streaming To ABC Family Shows
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jungle Book' Still Hot In Third Weekend With $35M-$36M; 'Mother's Day' Has Edge Over 'Keanu' - Update
Tony Goldwyn, Josh Lucas, Michael C Hall, Marton Csokas & Kate Walsh Surround Liam Neeson For Watergate Thriller 'Felt'
Latest TV News
- Elisabeth Moss To Star In Straight-To-Series Drama ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ On Hulu
- Joy Reid Takes Melissa Harris-Perry’s MSNBC Timeslot Starting May 7
- Home Entertainment Spending Fell 9% In Q1 Not Including Streaming Services
- PILOTS 2016: Pre-Screenings Buzz Edition
- Tony DiSanto’s DIGA Ups Tommy Coriale To General Manager, Sets ‘Jerky Boys’, Neil Strauss, Jay Sankey, Traci…
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Ratings Down, ‘Odd Couple’ & ‘The 100’ Rise, ‘Game Of Silence’ Even Against…