This is the first year that the Women’s Economic Round Table has given its award for the best essay written by a current or former participant in Columbia University’s year-long Knight-Bagehot Fellowship in Economics and Business Journalism. The program announced today that Deadline Executive Editor David Lieberman won for his contribution, which called for news organizations and supporting institutions to support community-level financial journalism. David’s essay will be published by the American Institute for Economic Research and will appear on the Knight-Bagehot website. Judges for the prize were former Federal Reserve Bank of New York SVP Peter Bakstansky, longtime journalist Maile Hulihan, and journalist and American Institute for Economic Research creative director Marcia Stamell. David will receive a cash prize on February 5 at an event for Knight-Bagehot alumni — he was a fellow at the program at Columbia’s journalism and business schools during the 2003-2004 academic year.
Deadline’s David Lieberman Wins Financial Journalism Essay Prize
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…