This is the first year that the Women’s Economic Round Table has given its award for the best essay written by a current or former participant in Columbia University’s year-long Knight-Bagehot Fellowship in Economics and Business Journalism. The program announced today that Deadline Executive Editor David Lieberman won for his contribution, which called for news organizations and supporting institutions to support community-level financial journalism. David’s essay will be published by the American Institute for Economic Research and will appear on the Knight-Bagehot website. Judges for the prize were former Federal Reserve Bank of New York SVP Peter Bakstansky, longtime journalist Maile Hulihan, and journalist and American Institute for Economic Research creative director Marcia Stamell. David will receive a cash prize on February 5 at an event for Knight-Bagehot alumni — he was a fellow at the program at Columbia’s journalism and business schools during the 2003-2004 academic year.
Deadline’s David Lieberman Wins Financial Journalism Essay Prize
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- HBO Year-Ender Teases 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep', More — Video
- Did U.S. Strike Back For Sony Hack? Massive North Korea Internet Outages Reported
- Jeff Zucker: CNN Had Terrific Year, Though “Not Without Its Challenges”
- Disney & Cable Operators Ink Retrans Deal For ABC-Owned Stations
- Alexandre Desplat On 'The Imitation Game': “I Was Moved By What Was Onscreen'
- 'Focus' Trailer: Will Smith, Margot Robbie & The Big Con