This is the first year that the Women’s Economic Round Table has given its award for the best essay written by a current or former participant in Columbia University’s year-long Knight-Bagehot Fellowship in Economics and Business Journalism. The program announced today that Deadline Executive Editor David Lieberman won for his contribution, which called for news organizations and supporting institutions to support community-level financial journalism. David’s essay will be published by the American Institute for Economic Research and will appear on the Knight-Bagehot website. Judges for the prize were former Federal Reserve Bank of New York SVP Peter Bakstansky, longtime journalist Maile Hulihan, and journalist and American Institute for Economic Research creative director Marcia Stamell. David will receive a cash prize on February 5 at an event for Knight-Bagehot alumni — he was a fellow at the program at Columbia’s journalism and business schools during the 2003-2004 academic year.
Deadline’s David Lieberman Wins Financial Journalism Essay Prize
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- David Yates In Talks For 'Harry Potter' Spin-Off 'Fantastic Beasts'
- Damon Lindelof Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video
- EOne Acquires Liz Tuccillo's SXSW Rom-Com 'Take Care'
- TNT Nabs Rights To Lionsgate's 'Hunger Games' & 'Divergent' Franchises
- AFI Directing Workshop For Women Announces Episodic Program
- Hot Trailer: 'Innocence'