The single-camera half-hour from Happy Endings creator David Caspe already had one of the biggest commitments for a comedy project this season, a big pilot production commitment at NBC that included a full license fee and series penalty. Now the network has given the Sony TV project — which has Seth Gordon set to direct and executive produce and Jamie Tarses to executive produce — a formal pilot green light. Said to be in the vein of Mad About You, Marry Me centers on a young couple who get engaged, something they quickly realize is harder than it looks. Caspe, who wrote the script and exec producing, as well as fellow exec producers Gordon and Tarses, are all under overall deals at Sony TV. For the past three seasons, Caspe served as showrunner on ABC’s underrated comedy Happy Endings, which ended its run in May. Marry Me reunites him with Tarses, who also exec produced Happy Endings through her Fanfare shingle. Last season, Gordon directed the pilot for Sony TV’s ABC comedy series The Goldbergs. This is NBC’s second comedy pilot order this season, joining the Kate Walsh starrer Bad Judge. Additionally, the Tina Fey/Robert Carlock half-hour starring Ellie Kemper received a straight-to-series pickup.
David Caspe’s Relationship Comedy ‘Marry Me’ Gets NBC Pilot Order
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire At The B.O.: 'Beauty And The Beast' Embraces $89M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
Latest TV News
- The President Trumpets Jeanine Pirro: Is Paul Ryan Just Collateral Damage?
- ‘Westworld’ Team On The Series’ Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution…
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Cast And EPs Talk “Huge Twist” And Final Episodes – PaleyFest
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”
- NCAA Basketball Tops Friday Ratings; ‘The Originals’, ‘Sleepy Hollow’ Tick Up In Demo
- Conservative PAC TV Spots Prematurely Thank GOP For Defeating Obamacare