Five-time Oscar nominee Amy Adams will receive the Lacoste Spotlight Award at the 16th CDG Awards February 22 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. The award honors an actor whose talent and career personifies an enduring commitment to excellence, including a special awareness of the role and importance of costume design. Adams is coming off Best Actress wins at the Golden Globes (Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Musical or Comedy) and Critics Choice (Best Actress in a Comedy) for her performance in American Hustle. She also has nabbed Best Actress Oscar and BAFTA nominations for Hustle. Michael Wilkinson, Adams’ costume designer for American Hustle, has also received an Oscar, BAFTA and CDGA nomination for his work on the film. Additionally, Adams’ costume designer for Her, Casey Storm, earned his first CDGA film nomination this year. Adams’ other film credits include The Master, The Fighter, Enchanted, Man Of Steel, Doubt, Julie & Julia, Trouble With The Curve, Charlie Wilson’s War and Catch Me If You Can.
Costume Designers Guild To Honor Amy Adams With Spotlight Award
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Oscar De La Renta Dies: Fashion Icon Was 82 – Update
- Lucas Hedges & Penn Badgley Join 'The Slap' Miniseries On NBC; 'Full Circle' Sets Cast
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016