Five-time Oscar nominee Amy Adams will receive the Lacoste Spotlight Award at the 16th CDG Awards February 22 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. The award honors an actor whose talent and career personifies an enduring commitment to excellence, including a special awareness of the role and importance of costume design. Adams is coming off Best Actress wins at the Golden Globes (Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Musical or Comedy) and Critics Choice (Best Actress in a Comedy) for her performance in American Hustle. She also has nabbed Best Actress Oscar and BAFTA nominations for Hustle. Michael Wilkinson, Adams’ costume designer for American Hustle, has also received an Oscar, BAFTA and CDGA nomination for his work on the film. Additionally, Adams’ costume designer for Her, Casey Storm, earned his first CDGA film nomination this year. Adams’ other film credits include The Master, The Fighter, Enchanted, Man Of Steel, Doubt, Julie & Julia, Trouble With The Curve, Charlie Wilson’s War and Catch Me If You Can.
Costume Designers Guild To Honor Amy Adams With Spotlight Award
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest Film News
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Cuffs $31M; ‘Girl’, ‘Inferno’, ‘Peregrine’ At Milestones – Intl…
- ‘Ouija: Origin Of Evil’: The Newton Brothers Talk Their Horror Film Score
- 'Moonlight' & ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand' Top 2016 Theater Averages – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Madea’ To Push Well Past $27M As ‘Jack Reacher’ Takes $22M to $23M; ‘Joneses’ Can’t Keep Up – Sun…
- Matthew McConaughey To Be Honored At Napa Valley Film Festival
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency