Lionsgate has officially acquired North American rights to Cooties, the SpectreVision and Glacier Films comedic horror pic that debuted in the Midnight section on Saturday in Park City. The directorial debut of Jonathan Milott and Cary Murnion was written by Leigh Whannell and Ian Brennan (Glee) and stars Elijah Wood, Rainn Wilson, Alison Pill, Jack McBrayer, Whannell, Jorge Garcia and Nasim Pedrad. In the pic, a substitute teacher at a new school experiences the worst first day imaginable when he discovers an outbreak of a mysterious virus is transforming the students into rampaging tykes. The deal reunites Saw creator Whannell and Lionsgate, who distributed that franchise. The Cooties deal was negotiated by Constantine along with Lionsgate’s Eda Kowan and Wendy Jaffe; Paradigm’s Ben Weiss repped the filmmakers.
Sundance: Lionsgate Acquires Rights To ‘Cooties’
What's Hot on Deadline
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
Latest Film News
- Hollywood Reacts Fast To Steve Bannon Axing: Rosie O’Donnell Suggests Place For Tiki Torch
- Foul Play Alleged In New York SAG-AFTRA Board Race
- ‘The Hitman’s Bodyguard’ Review: Odd-Couple Pairing Of Ryan Reynolds & Samuel L. Jackson Leads To Violent…
- Jessie T. Usher Tapped As Son Of Shaft; Samuel L. Jackson, Richard Roundtree Reprise
- Emmy Predictions: Actor In A Limited Series Or Movie
- ‘Marjorie Prime’ Arrives With Awards Hopes; ‘Patti Cake$’ Bows – Specialty B.O. Preview