Lionsgate has officially acquired North American rights to Cooties, the SpectreVision and Glacier Films comedic horror pic that debuted in the Midnight section on Saturday in Park City. The directorial debut of Jonathan Milott and Cary Murnion was written by Leigh Whannell and Ian Brennan (Glee) and stars Elijah Wood, Rainn Wilson, Alison Pill, Jack McBrayer, Whannell, Jorge Garcia and Nasim Pedrad. In the pic, a substitute teacher at a new school experiences the worst first day imaginable when he discovers an outbreak of a mysterious virus is transforming the students into rampaging tykes. The deal reunites Saw creator Whannell and Lionsgate, who distributed that franchise. The Cooties deal was negotiated by Constantine along with Lionsgate’s Eda Kowan and Wendy Jaffe; Paradigm’s Ben Weiss repped the filmmakers.
Sundance: Lionsgate Acquires Rights To ‘Cooties’
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video
- Graham Norton, 'Modern Family' Lead British Comedy Awards; Sony TV Ad Sales Inks With Jewish Life TV
- 'Hollywood Divas' Renewed For Second Season On TV One
- Scott Pelley Anchors 'CBS Evening News' From Havana - Video