Lionsgate has officially acquired North American rights to Cooties, the SpectreVision and Glacier Films comedic horror pic that debuted in the Midnight section on Saturday in Park City. The directorial debut of Jonathan Milott and Cary Murnion was written by Leigh Whannell and Ian Brennan (Glee) and stars Elijah Wood, Rainn Wilson, Alison Pill, Jack McBrayer, Whannell, Jorge Garcia and Nasim Pedrad. In the pic, a substitute teacher at a new school experiences the worst first day imaginable when he discovers an outbreak of a mysterious virus is transforming the students into rampaging tykes. The deal reunites Saw creator Whannell and Lionsgate, who distributed that franchise. The Cooties deal was negotiated by Constantine along with Lionsgate’s Eda Kowan and Wendy Jaffe; Paradigm’s Ben Weiss repped the filmmakers.
Sundance: Lionsgate Acquires Rights To ‘Cooties’
Trending Now on Deadline
Ferguson Grand Jury Decision: CNN & Fox News Reporters Attacked On-Air; Networks Go Live To Obama Remarks Over No Indictment - Update
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'