EXCLUSIVE: Condola Rashad, coming off her starring turn opposite Orlando Bloom in Romeo and Juliet on Broadway, has been tapped to co-star in Fox‘s 13-episode series Hieroglyph. Produced by 20th TV and Chernin Entertainment, Hieroglyph, which is eyed for next season, is set in ancient Egypt, where fantasy and reality intertwined. It follows a notorious thief who is plucked from prison to serve the Pharoah (Reece Ritchie), navigating palace intrigue, seductive concubines, criminal underbellies and even a few divine sorcerers. Rashad, repped by Harden Curtis and Assoc. and Brookside Artist Management, will play Nefertari, the Pharaoh’s half-sister with a rare beauty that intimidates even the strongest of suitors… and she knows it. Executive producing are creator Travis Beacham, Peter Chernin, Katherine Pope and Miguel Sapochnik, who will direct the premiere episode. Rashad is one of the hottest young Broadway actresses with back to back Tony nominations for Stick Fly in 2012 and The Trip To Bountiful in 2013. She just completed a successful run playing Juliet opposite Bloom’s Romeo in Romeo and Juliet. On TV, she starred in Lifetime’s highly rated Steel Magnolias remake and recurred on NBC’s Smash.
Condola Rashad To Co-Star On Fox Drama Series ‘Hieroglyph’
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Comcast CEO Says Growth From NBCU Businesses Will Offset Lower TV Ratings
- Donald Trump: Oscars Host Jimmy Kimmel “Pulled Out The Race Card” Because “They’re Losing Badly”…
- Annie Mumolo To Star In ‘Amy’s Brother’ Fox Comedy Pilot From Melissa McCarthy & Ben Falcone
- Rob Riggle To Topline ABC’s Single Dad Comedy Pilot
- Donald Trump Says He Nixed White House Correspondents’ Dinner Appearance Because They Make Stuff Up
- ‘Moana’ Star Auli’i Cravalho Cast In NBC Pilot ‘Drama High’ From Jason Katims…