EXCLUSIVE: Condola Rashad, coming off her starring turn opposite Orlando Bloom in Romeo and Juliet on Broadway, has been tapped to co-star in Fox‘s 13-episode series Hieroglyph. Produced by 20th TV and Chernin Entertainment, Hieroglyph, which is eyed for next season, is set in ancient Egypt, where fantasy and reality intertwined. It follows a notorious thief who is plucked from prison to serve the Pharoah (Reece Ritchie), navigating palace intrigue, seductive concubines, criminal underbellies and even a few divine sorcerers. Rashad, repped by Harden Curtis and Assoc. and Brookside Artist Management, will play Nefertari, the Pharaoh’s half-sister with a rare beauty that intimidates even the strongest of suitors… and she knows it. Executive producing are creator Travis Beacham, Peter Chernin, Katherine Pope and Miguel Sapochnik, who will direct the premiere episode. Rashad is one of the hottest young Broadway actresses with back to back Tony nominations for Stick Fly in 2012 and The Trip To Bountiful in 2013. She just completed a successful run playing Juliet opposite Bloom’s Romeo in Romeo and Juliet. On TV, she starred in Lifetime’s highly rated Steel Magnolias remake and recurred on NBC’s Smash.
Condola Rashad To Co-Star On Fox Drama Series ‘Hieroglyph’
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Sony Hack Deepens Rift Between Film & Television Group
- FXX Launches Late-Night Animation Block With Series From ADHD Studios
- 'MasterChef Jr.' Finale Up, 'Voice' Finale Down From 2013, 'NCIS: NOLA' Hits Low
- Julian McMahon & Daisy Betts Join Syfy's 'Childhood's End'
- Endemol, Shine & Core Joint Venture Gets Name, Sets More Top Execs, Merges Distribution & International Operations
- Da'vine Joy Randolph & Sheaun McKinney Cast In Danny McBride HBO Series 'Vice Principals'