Alan Ball’s True Blood may be coming to an end, but his Cinemax‘s series Banshee is only gaining momentum. The action series, now in its second season, just snagged another early renewal for a third season to air next year. It comes after three episodes, with Episode 4 slated for tomorrow night. Executive produced by Ball, Jonathan Tropper, David Schickler, Peter Macdissi and Greg Yaitanes, Banshee stars Antony Starr as Lucas Hood, an ex-con and master thief who tracks down Carrie Hopewell (Ivana Milicevic), his former lover and partner in crime, who has reinvented herself as the wife of the Banshee, PA prosecutor. In Banshee, Hood assumes the identity of the town’s sheriff and continues his criminal activities, even as he’s hunted by the shadowy gangsters he betrayed years earlier. Cinemax’s other original action series, Strike Back, was recently renewed for a fourth and final season.
Cinemax’s ‘Banshee’ Renewed For Third Season
What's Hot on Deadline
Bloomberg Scrubs White House Correspondents' Dinner Party As Donald Trump Vows To "Do Something" About Press
Latest TV News
- WGA Members "Ready To Strike" After Round Of Pre-Contract Talks Meetings
- Pondering The Imponderable: How A Restructured Hollywood Would Deal With Striking Writers
- Univision Pulls Ads For Pulse Shooting Show Segment; Club Owner, Mothers, Victims, GLAAD Press Network To Stop ‘Blood Bath…
- Republican Congressman Darrell Issa’s ‘Real Time’ Surprise Call For Special Prosecutor Gains Traction
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'