Alan Ball’s True Blood may be coming to an end, but his Cinemax‘s series Banshee is only gaining momentum. The action series, now in its second season, just snagged another early renewal for a third season to air next year. It comes after three episodes, with Episode 4 slated for tomorrow night. Executive produced by Ball, Jonathan Tropper, David Schickler, Peter Macdissi and Greg Yaitanes, Banshee stars Antony Starr as Lucas Hood, an ex-con and master thief who tracks down Carrie Hopewell (Ivana Milicevic), his former lover and partner in crime, who has reinvented herself as the wife of the Banshee, PA prosecutor. In Banshee, Hood assumes the identity of the town’s sheriff and continues his criminal activities, even as he’s hunted by the shadowy gangsters he betrayed years earlier. Cinemax’s other original action series, Strike Back, was recently renewed for a fourth and final season.
Cinemax’s ‘Banshee’ Renewed For Third Season
What's Hot on Deadline
Roman Polanski On Netflix Impact On Moviegoing: "I Don't Think It's A Basic Threat For Cinema" - Cannes
Red Nose Day Actually: 'Love Actually' Short-Film Sequel With Hugh Grant, Keira Knightley, Bill Nighy & More
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Son-In Law Jared Kushner Discussed Secret Communication Channel With Russia: Report
- Stephen Colbert Explains How Donald Trump Alpha-Dogged His Way Through NATO Summit
- ‘The Simpsons’: Donald Trump Gets A Thank-You From Richard Nixon’s Ghost
- Viacom’s Great Program Migration: Guide To Which Show Moved Where
- MSNBC President Phil Griffin Signs New Deal; Whither Goest Lawrence O’Donnell?
- ‘The 100’ Ups Tasya Teles To Regular; ‘Supergirl’s Floriana Lima To Return As Recurring