Slamdance, the tiny indie film gathering that plays out quietly as most are consumed with the Sundance Film Festival, is trying to make at least a little splash for itself. They’ve established a Founder’s Award and will bestow it Saturday, January 18 on Christopher Nolan. Before he began making Hollywood’s most ambitious big-budget films from the Dark Knight trilogy to Inception and most recently Interstellar, his debut film Following played at the micro-fest, which this year runs January 17-23 in Park City.
Christopher Nolan’s Park City Return
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Stork Visit For Milla Jovovich Postpones 'Resident Evil 6′
- Indie Audax Outbids For David Weil Spec 'Moonfall'
- Lionsgate Buys Opera-Themed Comedy 'The Three Tenors'
- RADiUS To Release SXSW Winner 'The Great Invisible'
- Toronto Finds Bill Murray And Gives Him A Day
- A 'Sophie's Choice': 'Jaws' Or 'Goodfellas'?