Slamdance, the tiny indie film gathering that plays out quietly as most are consumed with the Sundance Film Festival, is trying to make at least a little splash for itself. They’ve established a Founder’s Award and will bestow it Saturday, January 18 on Christopher Nolan. Before he began making Hollywood’s most ambitious big-budget films from the Dark Knight trilogy to Inception and most recently Interstellar, his debut film Following played at the micro-fest, which this year runs January 17-23 in Park City.
Christopher Nolan’s Park City Return
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Netflix Sets 'Crouching Tiger 2′ As 1st Feature; Hollywood's Nightmare?
- 'Boyhood's Richard Linklater Baseball Pic Fielded By Annapurna, Paramount
- Matt Bomer Joins Ryan Gosling & Russell Crowe In 'The Nice Guys'
- 'Saturday Night Live' Debut: Who Directed This Hot Mess?
- Gerard Butler Eyes Babak Najafi As 'Olympus Has Fallen' Sequel Helmer
- Bart & Fleming: On 70s Films, UA Resurrection, Goat Horns And Glory