On the heels of Daniel Laikind being tapped to succeed Charlie Corwin as CEO of Original Media, Cris Abrego has found his own successor for 51 Minds. In October, 51 Minds CEO Abrego and Original Media CEO Corwin were named Co-Chairmen and Co-CEO of Endemol North America. Endemol acquired Abrego and Mark Cronin’s 51 Minds in 2008, after Corwin’s Original Media was added in 2007. Christian Sarabia now has been named President of 51 Minds. Cronin, the Co-Founder of 51 Minds Entertainment, exits his Managing Director position to launch a new production company, Little Wooden Boat Productions. Cronin will continue to serve as Executive Producer on several projects that he sold and shepherded at 51 Minds, including Below Deck (Bravo), Heroes of CosPlay (Syfy), and Mind of a Man (GSN). “Mark is one of the most prolific producers in the unscripted space,” Abrego said. “His creative instincts have been the driving force behind his extraordinary success. Christian worked with us at 51 Minds on some of our most successful hits, and he has nurtured a number of cable’s highest-rated series.”
Christian Sarabia Elevated To President Of 51 Minds; Co-Founder Mark Cronin Exits To Launch New Company
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'