Chris Columbus and Eleanor Columbus’ Maiden Voyage Pictures is joining with Audax Films, Court 13, DCM Productions, Good Lap Productions, Le Grisbi, TideRock Media, and Treehouse Pictures to finance and produce Mediterranea, a feature based on the Venice Film Festival short A Chjana. Jonas Carpignano will write and direct the pic and the Columbuses will produce for their Maiden Voyage banner which launched last February. The movie centers on Ayiva, a young migrant worker who seeks to reunite with his best friend in the wake of the most significant race riot in Italian history, inspired by a true story. This marks Maiden Voyage’s second project after Little Accidents, which stars Elizabeth Banks, Chloe Sevigny and Josh Lucas and is screening tomorrow in the Premieres section at Sundance. It as well as A Chjana were developed at the Sundance Writing and Directing labs. The company officially launched its operations this year in Park City with the aim of partially financing and producing indie features. WME will represent both films. Writer-director Sara Colangelo’s Little Accidents is set in a small American coal town, where the disappearance of a 14-year-old boy draws a surviving miner, the lonely wife of a mine executive, and a local boy together in a web of secrets.
Chris Columbus’ Maiden Voyage Pictures Next Sets Sail For ‘Mediterranea’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Flying To Decent $60.3M: But Why Is Opening Lower Than ‘Into Darkness’?
- Noureen DeWulf Books Three Film Roles; Hannah Rose May Joins ‘The Recall’
- Joss Whedon’s Sermon On The Con: “The Dialogue Between Audiences And Studios Is Defaulting”
- RealD's 3D Projection Patents Upheld By U.S. International Trade Org
- Life After ‘Orphan Black’? Tatiana Maslany & Creators Discuss – Comic-Con
- Mark Boal Decries Military “Fishing Expedition” In Bowe Bergdahl Case