Will television become more friend than foe for movie theaters? This announcement from Fandango at the International CES confab could help. The NBCUniversal-owned ticketing service says that by the end of March it will begin to offer movie trailers and what it calls “fully-embedded ticketing capabilities” for Samsung‘s Smart TVs. Consumers will be able to scroll through options and make their transactions on the Movies & TV Shows panel. “Fandango will be aggregating high definition movie trailers so that consumers can gain instant access to the content they love while offering a simple way to purchase movie tickets in advance,” says Fandango President Paul Yanover. The companies have experience together: In September Samsung included Fandango’s movie preview show Weekend Ticket in the content recommendation service for its Galaxy Note 3 devices. Also, yesterday NBCU parent Comcast said that it will feed 4K content to Samsung’s new Ultra HD TV sets.
CES: Fandango To Offer Movie Trailers And Ticket Buying On Samsung Smart TVs
What's Hot on Deadline
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest Business News
- Sky To Invest $20 Million In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope'; Global Briefs
- George Takei’s Personal ‘Allegiance’ Sets Cast For Fall Broadway Bow
- ESPN Drafts Chris Connelly To Replace Fired Bill Simmons As Grantland Chief
- Tracy Morgan Says Wal-Mart “Did Right” In Fatal Crash Settlement
- Musicians Union Slaps Studios With Lawsuit Over Reuse Of Film Tunes
- Les Moonves Says He’s Negotiating To Put CBS On Apple’s Planned TV Platform