Will television become more friend than foe for movie theaters? This announcement from Fandango at the International CES confab could help. The NBCUniversal-owned ticketing service says that by the end of March it will begin to offer movie trailers and what it calls “fully-embedded ticketing capabilities” for Samsung‘s Smart TVs. Consumers will be able to scroll through options and make their transactions on the Movies & TV Shows panel. “Fandango will be aggregating high definition movie trailers so that consumers can gain instant access to the content they love while offering a simple way to purchase movie tickets in advance,” says Fandango President Paul Yanover. The companies have experience together: In September Samsung included Fandango’s movie preview show Weekend Ticket in the content recommendation service for its Galaxy Note 3 devices. Also, yesterday NBCU parent Comcast said that it will feed 4K content to Samsung’s new Ultra HD TV sets.
CES: Fandango To Offer Movie Trailers And Ticket Buying On Samsung Smart TVs
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
China Makes Space For ‘The Martian’ As ‘Good Dinosaur’ Snatches Eggs From No. 1 ‘Mockingjay 2’ – Intl B.O. Update
’The Danish Girl’ Bows With Style; 'Janis: Little Girl Blue' Solid In Debut; 'Carol’ Dominates Thanksgiving: Specialty B.O.
Latest Business News
- Kobe Bryant Retirement Poem Crashes Player’s Tribune Site
- Rupert Murdoch Tweet: Sale Of Tribune, LA Times Looking Imminent
- ‘Empire’ Online Store Launched To Swag Up Your Christmas
- Viacom CEO Philippe Dauman Says Sumner Redstone “Engaged & Attentive” In Response To Lawsuit
- NY Supreme Court Postpones Decision On Plea To Bar DraftKings And FanDuel
- ‘Bones’ EP Sues Fox Over Profit Participation, Accuses Top Execs Of Cancellation Threats