This is becoming a theme at the International CES. Earlier today Netflix said that it will stream 4K content including the next season of House Of Cards to LG TV sets. Now Samsung is raising the stakes unveiling similar arrangements with Netflix, Comcast, Paramount, DirecTV and Amazon — part of its campaign to popularize the new technology with video that’s four times as sharp as conventional HD. The Samsung UHD [for Ultra Hi-Def] Video Pack will bundle Star Trek and Star Trek Into Darkness, World War Z, G.I. Joe: Retaliation, and Forrest Gump. “Users will also be able to download new UHD content as it becomes available,” the company says. In addition, Comcast will have an app for 4K Internet streams. The company says that it is “working with programmers, including NBCUniversal, to provide a library of 4k UHD choices for the Xfinity TV 4K app.” Comcast Cable SVP Matt Strauss says that later this year the company’s X1 set top boxes “will deliver 4K UHD content to all 4K capable televisions.” Amazon says that it’s working with several consumer electronics companies as well as Warner Bros., Lionsgate, 20th Century Fox, and Discovery. Last month Amazon Studios said that it will shoot all of its original series in 4K.
CES: Comcast, Netflix, Paramount, DirecTV And Amazon Will Stream 4K Video To Samsung TVs
What's Hot on Deadline
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Latest Business News
- Bob Iger: Disney’s Making Long Plans For ‘Star Wars,’ But He’s “Serious” About Leaving…
- Final Member Of Movie & Music Counterfeiting Ring Sentenced To Prison
- Ron Meyer To Deliver USC Film School Commencement Speech
- Damien Chazelle, Jordan Peele & Oprah Winfrey On Produced By Conference Roster
- Senate Votes To Scuttle FCC’s Broadband Privacy Rules
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’, ‘Genius’ & ‘Vietnam War’ Among Tribeca TV Fest Slate