Romantic comedies have been a hot genre this development season, and CBS just gave a pilot order to one such project, Save The Date, from That 70’s Show alums Jackie and Jeff Filgo. The comedy was developed at ABC Studios, which will co-produce the pilot with CBS TV Studios. Written and exec producer by the Filgos, Save The Date centers on Kate, 35 and newly single, who drunkenly books a wedding venue and now is faced with the task of meeting the right man in time. The format of the project will be hybrid, in the vein of How I Met Your Mother: a multi-camera comedy employing shorter scenes and no live audience. This marks spouses Jackie and Jeff Filgo’s return to CBS, where they previously worked on The New Adventures Of Old Christine. Other romantic comedy pilot this season include ABC’s Jeff Lowell and Irreversible, NBC’s A To Z, Marry Me, Mission Control, The Money Pit and Two To Go.
CBS Orders Romantic Comedy Pilot From Jackie & Jeff Filgo
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $27.5M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $46.4M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn't - But Who's Complaining After Cinema's World Cup?
Latest TV News
- NASCAR 600 Ratings Slow Down, ‘Battle Creek’ Ends Even, ‘A.D.’ Ratings Dip
- Charter Nears $55B Deal To Buy Time Warner Cable: Reports
- Netflix Rumored To Want Gerard Depardieu For French ‘House Of Cards’
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”