Romantic comedies have been a hot genre this development season, and CBS just gave a pilot order to one such project, Save The Date, from That 70’s Show alums Jackie and Jeff Filgo. The comedy was developed at ABC Studios, which will co-produce the pilot with CBS TV Studios. Written and exec producer by the Filgos, Save The Date centers on Kate, 35 and newly single, who drunkenly books a wedding venue and now is faced with the task of meeting the right man in time. The format of the project will be hybrid, in the vein of How I Met Your Mother: a multi-camera comedy employing shorter scenes and no live audience. This marks spouses Jackie and Jeff Filgo’s return to CBS, where they previously worked on The New Adventures Of Old Christine. Other romantic comedy pilot this season include ABC’s Jeff Lowell and Irreversible, NBC’s A To Z, Marry Me, Mission Control, The Money Pit and Two To Go.
CBS Orders Romantic Comedy Pilot From Jackie & Jeff Filgo
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Jeffrey Tambor Exits ‘Transparent’ After Sexual Harassment Allegations
- ‘Bored To Death’ Movie: Creator Jonathan Ames Has Two Drafts Written
- Sean Hannity Tweet-Shouts At Brian Stelter, Who’s Blocked By Bartiromo
- HBO ‘Night Of Too Many Stars’ Sees Host Jon Stewart Spar With Stephen Colbert
- Russell Simmons Accused Of Forcing Sex On Model While Brett Ratner Watched
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Steady With Host Chance The Rapper & Eminem