Romantic comedies have been a hot genre this development season, and CBS just gave a pilot order to one such project, Save The Date, from That 70’s Show alums Jackie and Jeff Filgo. The comedy was developed at ABC Studios, which will co-produce the pilot with CBS TV Studios. Written and exec producer by the Filgos, Save The Date centers on Kate, 35 and newly single, who drunkenly books a wedding venue and now is faced with the task of meeting the right man in time. The format of the project will be hybrid, in the vein of How I Met Your Mother: a multi-camera comedy employing shorter scenes and no live audience. This marks spouses Jackie and Jeff Filgo’s return to CBS, where they previously worked on The New Adventures Of Old Christine. Other romantic comedy pilot this season include ABC’s Jeff Lowell and Irreversible, NBC’s A To Z, Marry Me, Mission Control, The Money Pit and Two To Go.
CBS Orders Romantic Comedy Pilot From Jackie & Jeff Filgo
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Nastaran Dibai & Aaron Kaplan Re-Team For ABC Romantic Comedy
- CBS Buys Comedy From Andrew Reich, Ted Cohen & Gail Berman
- Shea Whigham To Co-Star On 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- 'Shark Tank' Star Kevin O'Leary Signs With UTA
- Jacki Weaver To Co-Star In Seth MacFarlane's 'Blunt Talk' Series On Starz
- CW's 'The Flash' & 'Jane The Virgin' Get Backup Script Orders Ahead Of Premieres