The companies didn’t disclose any terms of the arrangement. But they did note that Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior, Penn & Teller, and Vegas will be added to what they call “a vast catalog of CBS content” from the broadcast network and Showtime. Amazon Prime subscribers already see shows including Medium, The Tudors, Star Trek, and I Love Lucy. Amazon has also had success with The Good Wife, which was its most popular show in Q4, as well as last summer’s Under The Dome which, it says, was Prime Instant video’s most-watched TV series last year. CBS plans to provide Amazon with the next season of Under The Dome, and recently announced that the streaming service will have Extant, the upcoming summer series from Steven Spielberg’s production company that will star Halle Berry.
CBS Extends Licensing Deal With Amazon
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- Now That He's At Carmike, Can Bud Mayo Lead Theaters' Alternative Content Revolution?
- Cable Milestone: Operators Have More Broadband Subs Than TV Ones
- Look Out Gannett: Carl Icahn Buys 6.6% Stake
- Warren Buffett Sends A Mixed Message To John Malone As He Buys Into Charter But Unloads Starz
- Citing “Insulting” Criticism, Comcast And Time Warner Cable Withdraw Funding For Dinner Honoring FCC Commissioner
- Televisa Partners With MiTu To Develop Spanish-Language Digital Content