Happy Endings alumna Casey Wilson has been tapped as the female lead in Marry Me, NBC’s single-camera comedy pilot from Happy Endings creator/showrunner David Caspe, Sony TV and Jamie Tarses’ Fanfare. The project, directed by Seth Gordon, is said to be in the vein of Mad About You and centers on a young couple who get engaged, something they quickly realize is harder than it looks. The casting makes the premise as real as it can be as Wilson and Caspe are engaged in real life. Caspe, who wrote the script, exec produces the pilot with Gordon and Tarses, all under overall deals at Sony TV. This marks Wilson’s second pilot this season. As a writer/producer, she has comedy Mason Twins, also at NBC, a collaboration with her longtime writing partner June Diane Raphael.
Casey Wilson To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot ‘Marry Me’ From ‘Happy Endings’ Creator
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Simon Cowell Makes U.S. TV Return As A Kinder, Gentler ‘America’s Got Talent’ Judge
- ‘Outcast’ Review: Robert Kirkman’s Cinemax Series Not For The Squeamish
- Verne Lundquist Leaving ‘SEC On CBS’ Booth After 2016; Brad Nessler Subbing In
- Universal TV President Bela Bajaria Out; Pearlena Igbokwe Eyed As Replacement
- Don Mischer Will Be Back As Producer Of Primetime Emmy Awards
- Viacom Watchers Wonder: Who’d Step In If Sumner Redstone Cleans House?