Happy Endings alumna Casey Wilson has been tapped as the female lead in Marry Me, NBC’s single-camera comedy pilot from Happy Endings creator/showrunner David Caspe, Sony TV and Jamie Tarses’ Fanfare. The project, directed by Seth Gordon, is said to be in the vein of Mad About You and centers on a young couple who get engaged, something they quickly realize is harder than it looks. The casting makes the premise as real as it can be as Wilson and Caspe are engaged in real life. Caspe, who wrote the script, exec produces the pilot with Gordon and Tarses, all under overall deals at Sony TV. This marks Wilson’s second pilot this season. As a writer/producer, she has comedy Mason Twins, also at NBC, a collaboration with her longtime writing partner June Diane Raphael.
Casey Wilson To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot ‘Marry Me’ From ‘Happy Endings’ Creator
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Marvel Confirms Mike Colter As Luke Cage In 'Jessica Jones' Netflix Series
- Female Navy SEALs Drama Set At Fox With Basil Iwanyk Producing
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'