Happy Endings alumna Casey Wilson has been tapped as the female lead in Marry Me, NBC’s single-camera comedy pilot from Happy Endings creator/showrunner David Caspe, Sony TV and Jamie Tarses’ Fanfare. The project, directed by Seth Gordon, is said to be in the vein of Mad About You and centers on a young couple who get engaged, something they quickly realize is harder than it looks. The casting makes the premise as real as it can be as Wilson and Caspe are engaged in real life. Caspe, who wrote the script, exec produces the pilot with Gordon and Tarses, all under overall deals at Sony TV. This marks Wilson’s second pilot this season. As a writer/producer, she has comedy Mason Twins, also at NBC, a collaboration with her longtime writing partner June Diane Raphael.
Casey Wilson To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot ‘Marry Me’ From ‘Happy Endings’ Creator
What's Hot on Deadline
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Director Terry Gilliam Says #MeToo "Got Silly", "Monster" Harvey Weinstein "Opened The Door" For Some
Latest TV News
- ‘SNL’ Imagines Apology Spree By “Canada’s Harvey Weinstein,” Trots Out Impressions In ‘Jurassic…
- Paramount’s ‘Dora The Explorer’ Movie Set For Australia Shoot After Tax Break Concession
- ‘SNL’: Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
- ‘Will & Grace’ Cast React To Season 3 Renewal; Talk Favorite Guest Stars
- ‘Will & Grace’ Revival Renewed For Season 3 By NBC, Season 2 Expanded
- ‘Harry & Meghan’ Teaser: First Look At The Lifetime Royal Romance