Happy Endings alumna Casey Wilson has been tapped as the female lead in Marry Me, NBC’s single-camera comedy pilot from Happy Endings creator/showrunner David Caspe, Sony TV and Jamie Tarses’ Fanfare. The project, directed by Seth Gordon, is said to be in the vein of Mad About You and centers on a young couple who get engaged, something they quickly realize is harder than it looks. The casting makes the premise as real as it can be as Wilson and Caspe are engaged in real life. Caspe, who wrote the script, exec produces the pilot with Gordon and Tarses, all under overall deals at Sony TV. This marks Wilson’s second pilot this season. As a writer/producer, she has comedy Mason Twins, also at NBC, a collaboration with her longtime writing partner June Diane Raphael.
Casey Wilson To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot ‘Marry Me’ From ‘Happy Endings’ Creator
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Jon Turteltaub Producing CBS Family Comedy
- HBO & Playtone Take On Battle Against Offshoring With 'Factory Man' Miniseries
- Grant Gish Upped To VP Animation At 20th Century Fox TV
- Amazon Orders Soccer Kids Comedy Pilot 'The Kicks'
- NBC Eyes Horror Anthology Series From Jason Blum, Tony Krantz & Endemol
- Peter Segal To Direct & Executive Produce MTV's Ken Jeong Comedy Pilot