EXCLUSIVE: Camryn Manheim is set to co-star opposite Halle Berry in CBS‘ upcoming summer drama series Extant, from Steven Spielberg’s Amblin TV and CBS Television Studios. The serialized mystery thriller centers on Molly (Berry), an astronaut trying to reconnect with her family when she returns after a year in outer space. Her experiences lead to events that ultimately will change the course of human history. Manheim will play Sam Barton, Molly’s best friend and closest confidant. This marks Manheim’s first series regular role since another CBS drama, Ghost Whisperer. The actress, who won an Emmy for her role on ABC’s The Practice, also co-starred in the CBS miniseries Elvis, which earned her an Emmy nom, and has done multiple episodes of the networks’ popular crime dramas Criminal Minds and Person Of Interest. She also recurred on NBC’s Harry’s Law, from Practice creator David E. Kelley.
Camryn Manheim To Co-Star In CBS Series ‘Extant’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Phantom Of The Opera' Drama Set At ABC With Marc Cherry Producing
- Archie Comics Drama Series 'Riverdale' Set At Fox With Greg Berlanti Producing
- Rebecca Creskoff Joins HBO's 'Silicon Valley' As New Regular
- 'CSI' Order Trimmed: Is This The End?
- Kelly McCreary Upped To Regular On 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Kyle Killen Inks First-Look Deal With Paramount TV