EXCLUSIVE: Camryn Manheim is set to co-star opposite Halle Berry in CBS‘ upcoming summer drama series Extant, from Steven Spielberg’s Amblin TV and CBS Television Studios. The serialized mystery thriller centers on Molly (Berry), an astronaut trying to reconnect with her family when she returns after a year in outer space. Her experiences lead to events that ultimately will change the course of human history. Manheim will play Sam Barton, Molly’s best friend and closest confidant. This marks Manheim’s first series regular role since another CBS drama, Ghost Whisperer. The actress, who won an Emmy for her role on ABC’s The Practice, also co-starred in the CBS miniseries Elvis, which earned her an Emmy nom, and has done multiple episodes of the networks’ popular crime dramas Criminal Minds and Person Of Interest. She also recurred on NBC’s Harry’s Law, from Practice creator David E. Kelley.
Camryn Manheim To Co-Star In CBS Series ‘Extant’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Jeffrey Tambor Exits ‘Transparent’ After Sexual Harassment Allegations
- ‘Bored To Death’ Movie: Creator Jonathan Ames Has Two Drafts Written
- Sean Hannity Tweet-Shouts At Brian Stelter, Who’s Blocked By Bartiromo
- HBO ‘Night Of Too Many Stars’ Sees Host Jon Stewart Spar With Stephen Colbert
- Russell Simmons Accused Of Forcing Sex On Model While Brett Ratner Watched
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Steady With Host Chance The Rapper & Eminem