EXCLUSIVE: Camryn Manheim is set to co-star opposite Halle Berry in CBS‘ upcoming summer drama series Extant, from Steven Spielberg’s Amblin TV and CBS Television Studios. The serialized mystery thriller centers on Molly (Berry), an astronaut trying to reconnect with her family when she returns after a year in outer space. Her experiences lead to events that ultimately will change the course of human history. Manheim will play Sam Barton, Molly’s best friend and closest confidant. This marks Manheim’s first series regular role since another CBS drama, Ghost Whisperer. The actress, who won an Emmy for her role on ABC’s The Practice, also co-starred in the CBS miniseries Elvis, which earned her an Emmy nom, and has done multiple episodes of the networks’ popular crime dramas Criminal Minds and Person Of Interest. She also recurred on NBC’s Harry’s Law, from Practice creator David E. Kelley.
Camryn Manheim To Co-Star In CBS Series ‘Extant’
What's Hot on Deadline
Film Independent Spirit Award Nominations Announced: 'Carol', 'Spotlight', 'Beasts Of Nation' Come Up Strong
CW's 'DC's Legends Of Tomorrow', 'The 100', Get Premiere Dates, 'Vampire Diaries', 'The Originals' Move To Friday
Latest TV News
- College Sex Scandal Drama From Jessica Mecklenburg & Rod Lurie Lands At NBC
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- David Canary Dies: ‘All My Children’ Star Was 77
- ‘Superstore’ Review: America Ferrera NBC Comedy Proves Big Not Better
- ‘Quantico’ Adds Three Recurring To Cast
- Freeform/ABC Family Sets Winter Premieres For New, Returning Shows