EXCLUSIVE: In a competitive situation, CAA has signed Robert Stromberg, who graduated from production designer and VFX artist to make his feature directorial debut on the Angelina Jolie-starrer Maleficent. Disney releases the Linda Woolverton-scripted film May 30 with Joe Roth producing. Stromberg, who had been with UTA, won two Academy Awards for Art Direction for Alice In Wonderland and Avatar before getting his feature shot. He was also production designer on Disney’s Oz The Great And Powerful and also worked on visual effects for such films as 2012, Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World’s End and Master And Commander.
CAA Signs ‘Maleficent’ Helmer Robert Stromberg
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Costume Designers Guild Awards: 'La La Land,’ 'Hidden Figures' & ‘The Crown’ Among Winners – Complete…
- Martin Scorsese's Robert De Niro Pic 'The Irishman' Heading To Netflix?
- Leah Adler Dies: Steven Spielberg’s Mother Was 97
- Uma Thurman Regrets Turning Down ‘Lord Of The Rings’ Role
- UCLA Diversity Report Downplays Gains Made By Industry’s Women and Minorities
- ‘Logan’ Review: The Marvel Comic Book Movie For People Who Hate Marvel Comic Book Movies