EXCLUSIVE: In a competitive situation, CAA has signed Robert Stromberg, who graduated from production designer and VFX artist to make his feature directorial debut on the Angelina Jolie-starrer Maleficent. Disney releases the Linda Woolverton-scripted film May 30 with Joe Roth producing. Stromberg, who had been with UTA, won two Academy Awards for Art Direction for Alice In Wonderland and Avatar before getting his feature shot. He was also production designer on Disney’s Oz The Great And Powerful and also worked on visual effects for such films as 2012, Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World’s End and Master And Commander.
CAA Signs ‘Maleficent’ Helmer Robert Stromberg
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Fleming Jr
- 'Homeland' Finale: 'Long Time Coming'
- Bart & Fleming: On…What Else? Sony Hack Attack
- Attention, Hacked And Beleaguered Sony Staffers: Self-Protection Tips
- Hollywood Needs Cyber Czar: Guest Column
- 'Saturday Night Live' At Halfway Mark: Reconsidering A Hot Mess
- Ben Affleck, Others Stumping For Bradley Cooper's 'American Sniper' Performance