EXCLUSIVE: Former Ugly Betty star America Ferrera has signed with CAA. For the past 2.5 years she was at ICM Partners after a long stint at Endeavor/WME. Following her breakthrough performance in the indie Real Women Have Curves, Ferrera hit stardom on TV as the lead of the ABC dramedy Ugly Betty, which earned her an Emmy and a Golden Globe. She has been recurring on CBS’ drama The Good Wife. For most of the past three years, since the end of Ugly Betty, Ferrera had been focused on features and finishing college as her USC studies were interrupted by her casting on the ABC series. She is attached to star in and executive produce Damascus, a one-hour drama set at CBS with put pilot commitment. Penned by CAA-repped Nick Osborne and produced by Teri Weinberg, it tells is the story of a crusading nun (Ferrera) who practices law on behalf of the least fortunate. Ferrera’s feature credits also include the Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants and How To Train Your Dragon franchises as well as the upcoming Cesar Chavez: An America Hero. She continues to be represented by manager Jon Rubinstein and attorney Jodi Peikoff.
CAA Signs America Ferrera
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Panama Papers Movie Set At Netflix; John Wells Teams With Journos Who Broke Story
- Festival Fever Begins: Will ‘Magnificent Seven’ Saddle Up As Toronto Opener?
- ‘Indignation’ Review: Ex-Focus Boss James Schamus’ Directorial Debut Is Exceptional
- Disney Unveils ‘Moana’ Details After Tease At Comic-Con
- Hollywood Has Collected More Than $860M In Foreign Levies