EXCLUSIVE: Former Ugly Betty star America Ferrera has signed with CAA. For the past 2.5 years she was at ICM Partners after a long stint at Endeavor/WME. Following her breakthrough performance in the indie Real Women Have Curves, Ferrera hit stardom on TV as the lead of the ABC dramedy Ugly Betty, which earned her an Emmy and a Golden Globe. She has been recurring on CBS’ drama The Good Wife. For most of the past three years, since the end of Ugly Betty, Ferrera had been focused on features and finishing college as her USC studies were interrupted by her casting on the ABC series. She is attached to star in and executive produce Damascus, a one-hour drama set at CBS with put pilot commitment. Penned by CAA-repped Nick Osborne and produced by Teri Weinberg, it tells is the story of a crusading nun (Ferrera) who practices law on behalf of the least fortunate. Ferrera’s feature credits also include the Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants and How To Train Your Dragon franchises as well as the upcoming Cesar Chavez: An America Hero. She continues to be represented by manager Jon Rubinstein and attorney Jodi Peikoff.
CAA Signs America Ferrera
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over