Bruce Willis has been set to star in Captive, an action thriller that will begin production in March with Simon Brand directing. Benjamin van der Veen and Kario Salem wrote the script from a story by Nicolai Fuglsig. Willis will play a real estate developer who gets kidnapped and held for ransom while at work in Brazil. The kidnappers think he’s wealthy, but he’s more of an ordinary guy. He frantically searches for a way out of his armored-truck prison cell hidden in a Sao Paolo landfill, while a detective specializing in kidnap and ransom cases works to find him. The film has been reconfigured from last year, when Arnold Schwarzenegger was set to play the role. Aldamisa has come on to finance the film with Emmett/Furla Films. Aldamisa co-chairman Marina Bespalov is producing with Randall Emmett and George Furla, Wolf Of Wall Street‘s Alexandra Milchan and Groundwell’s Michael London and Janice Williams. Scott Lambert of Management 360 is exec producer with Fuglsig and Eva Maria Daniels. The distribution rights are being shopped by Aldamisa COO Jere Hausfater. Many of the buyers that signed on with Schwarzenegger have sparked to Willis, and the remaining territories on the film will brokered in Berlin next month. Domestic is up for grabs as well. Brand is a Colombian-born helmer who directed a bunch of videos before getting his feature shot on the Jim Caviezel-starrer Unknown, and Paraiso Travel. He’s repped by CAA as is Willis. Emmett/Furla’s repped by WME.
Bruce Willis Set For Brazil Hostage Thriller ‘Captive,’ With Simon Brand Helming
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest Film News
- Karen Gillan Game For Big Role In ‘Jumanji’
- Warren Beatty’s ‘Rules Don’t Apply’ Set To World Premiere As AFI Fest Opening Night
- Former Paramount & Disney Exec Named CEO Of China-Based Alpha Animation
- Austin Film Festival Lines Up Writers Conference, Packs In A-List Talent From Film and TV
- Jack Reynor, James Franco, Zoe Kravitz, Dennis Quaid Topline Sci-Fi ‘Kin’
- Warner Bros, Anne Hathaway & Gail Berman Spark To Jenny Mollen Book ‘Live Fast Die Hot’