EXCLUSIVE: Pitch Perfect‘s Brittany Snow is set as the female lead opposite Jack Whitehall in ABC’s single-camera comedy pilot An American Education, based on the BBC Three series Bad Education. British actor-comedian Whitehall, who created and starred in the original series, is reprising his role as Alfie Wickers, now a British transplant and an unorthodox young teacher in the San Diego public school system. Alfie loves his students, but his youthful, often naive enthusiasm and unconventional methods put him at odds with the test-obsessed administrators. Snow, repped by ICM Partners, Magnolia Entertainment and Ziffren Brittenham, will play Sarah McIntyre, an earnest and book-smart chemistry teacher who is the object of Alfie’s eye as her current boyfriend is leaving the country. Rosie Perez co-stars the school’s hard-assed vice principal. Craig Zisk is directing from a script by Peter Huyck and Alex Gregory.
Brittany Snow To Star In ABC Comedy Pilot ‘An American Education’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Kimmel’s ‘Big Fan’ Game Show Sets Debut Date With Matthew McConaughey
- ‘Timeless’: Annie Wersching Set To Recur On NBC Time Travel Drama Series
- Dr. Dre & Jimmy Iovine Docu Series Set For HBO: ‘Defiant Ones’ Bows Next Year
- Mark Jackson Joins Seth MacFarlane's Fox Series 'Orville'
- President Obama To Make Final ‘The Daily Show’ Appearance As President Next Week
- CAA Exploring TV Scripted Operation With Former ABC Boss Paul Lee