EXCLUSIVE: Pitch Perfect‘s Brittany Snow is set as the female lead opposite Jack Whitehall in ABC’s single-camera comedy pilot An American Education, based on the BBC Three series Bad Education. British actor-comedian Whitehall, who created and starred in the original series, is reprising his role as Alfie Wickers, now a British transplant and an unorthodox young teacher in the San Diego public school system. Alfie loves his students, but his youthful, often naive enthusiasm and unconventional methods put him at odds with the test-obsessed administrators. Snow, repped by ICM Partners, Magnolia Entertainment and Ziffren Brittenham, will play Sarah McIntyre, an earnest and book-smart chemistry teacher who is the object of Alfie’s eye as her current boyfriend is leaving the country. Rosie Perez co-stars the school’s hard-assed vice principal. Craig Zisk is directing from a script by Peter Huyck and Alex Gregory.
Brittany Snow To Star In ABC Comedy Pilot ‘An American Education’
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Boyhood’, 'Grand Budapest', 'Lego Movie' Score Big At 65th ACE Eddie Awards -- Complete Winners List
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete' Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres