EXCLUSIVE: Pitch Perfect‘s Brittany Snow is set as the female lead opposite Jack Whitehall in ABC’s single-camera comedy pilot An American Education, based on the BBC Three series Bad Education. British actor-comedian Whitehall, who created and starred in the original series, is reprising his role as Alfie Wickers, now a British transplant and an unorthodox young teacher in the San Diego public school system. Alfie loves his students, but his youthful, often naive enthusiasm and unconventional methods put him at odds with the test-obsessed administrators. Snow, repped by ICM Partners, Magnolia Entertainment and Ziffren Brittenham, will play Sarah McIntyre, an earnest and book-smart chemistry teacher who is the object of Alfie’s eye as her current boyfriend is leaving the country. Rosie Perez co-stars the school’s hard-assed vice principal. Craig Zisk is directing from a script by Peter Huyck and Alex Gregory.
Brittany Snow To Star In ABC Comedy Pilot ‘An American Education’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Lea Michele Cast In ABC Mayor Comedy Pilot; What About ‘Scream Queens’?
- Stephen Hopkins To Direct Fox Pilot ‘The Beast’; Jason Ensler To Helm NBC’s ‘Redliners’
- Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-’90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
- Dylan McDermott To Star In Fox Comedy Pilot 'LA -> Vegas'
- ‘Instinct’ CBS Pilot Casts Daniel Ings; NBC’s ‘Spaced Out’ Adds Brett Goldstein
- ‘24: Legacy’ Producers Apologize For Use Of 2013 Nairobi Terror Attack Footage