EXCLUSIVE: Pitch Perfect‘s Brittany Snow is set as the female lead opposite Jack Whitehall in ABC’s single-camera comedy pilot An American Education, based on the BBC Three series Bad Education. British actor-comedian Whitehall, who created and starred in the original series, is reprising his role as Alfie Wickers, now a British transplant and an unorthodox young teacher in the San Diego public school system. Alfie loves his students, but his youthful, often naive enthusiasm and unconventional methods put him at odds with the test-obsessed administrators. Snow, repped by ICM Partners, Magnolia Entertainment and Ziffren Brittenham, will play Sarah McIntyre, an earnest and book-smart chemistry teacher who is the object of Alfie’s eye as her current boyfriend is leaving the country. Rosie Perez co-stars the school’s hard-assed vice principal. Craig Zisk is directing from a script by Peter Huyck and Alex Gregory.
Brittany Snow To Star In ABC Comedy Pilot ‘An American Education’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Fall Festival Verdict: Who's In, Who's Out As The 2014 Oscar Race Gets Its First Real Shot Of Adrenaline
More From Andreeva
- Brad Copeland To Write ABC Comedy Starring Chevy Chase & Beverly D'Angelo
- Angela Kinsey To Topline & Co-Create ABC Buddy Comedy Produced By Darlene Hunt & Will Gluck
- CBS Buys Meatball Restaurant Comedy From Bill Lawrence, Jeff Astrof & All3Media With Production Commitment
- Q&A: Laurence Fishburne On 'Black-Ish' Comedic Turn, 'Hannibal' Return & 'CSI'
- AMC To Board Channel 4 Series 'Humans' As Xbox Entertainment Studios Downsizes Slate & Mulls Possible Future