Sundance has added the 121st feature film to its 2014 festival that starts Thursday. Richard Linklater’s Boyhood will have its premiere Sunday, January 19 at the Eccles Theatre as part of special preview screenings for the pic from Linklater, who wrote and directed this one coming on the heels of Before Midnight. This movie shot in short periods over 12 years and explores the life of a family — it centers on the son, Mason, who with his sister Samantha go on an emotional and transcendent journey through the years from childhood to adulthood. Patricia Arquette, Ethan Hawke, Ellar Coltrane and Lorelei Linklater star.
Sundance: Richard Linklater’s ‘Boyhood’ Joins Lineup
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa
- No Hollywood Credits For Obama IP Czar Nominee
- Hot Trailer: Jon Stewart's 'Rosewater'
- David Hyde Pierce Joins 'The Good Wife' In Recurring Role
- TNT's 'Proof', Netflix's 'Narcos' & Amazon Pilot 'Man In The High Castle' Add Cast