Sundance has added the 121st feature film to its 2014 festival that starts Thursday. Richard Linklater’s Boyhood will have its premiere Sunday, January 19 at the Eccles Theatre as part of special preview screenings for the pic from Linklater, who wrote and directed this one coming on the heels of Before Midnight. This movie shot in short periods over 12 years and explores the life of a family — it centers on the son, Mason, who with his sister Samantha go on an emotional and transcendent journey through the years from childhood to adulthood. Patricia Arquette, Ethan Hawke, Ellar Coltrane and Lorelei Linklater star.
Sundance: Richard Linklater’s ‘Boyhood’ Joins Lineup
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'