We already knew the teaming of Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake was ratings gold for SNL and NBC. The December 21st edition of Fallon-hosted Saturday Night Live with musical guest Timberlake generated the show’s biggest increase ever in adults 18-49, according to Nielsen. It also saw the biggest gain in total viewers going from Live+SD ratings to Live+7. In 18-49, the broadcast grew by 1.8 rating points to a 5.5 rating (up from 3.7). In total viewers, the increase was 3.7 million, to 13.1 million (up from 9.4 million). These are SNL’s best L+7 results in three years, since the January 8, 2011 edition with host Jim Carrey and musical guest The Black Keys, (5.79 in 18-49, 13.1 million viewers overall), which followed an NFL Wild Card overrun.
Biggest L+7 Gains Ever For Jimmy Fallon-Hosted ‘Saturday Night Live’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Global Showbiz Briefs: South Korea Submits 'Sea Fog' For Foreign-Language Oscar Race; Winnie Lau Joins Jet Tone Films
- Peter Dinklage Set For 'The Thicket'; John Magaro Joins 'The Finest Hours'; Celebrity Death Pool Pic Adds 6 To Cast
- John Candy's Son Takes The Lead In 'Bar America': Hot Trailer
- John Travolta, Kate Bosworth & Devon Sawa Wired Up For 'Life On The Line'
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5: Hot TV Teaser