We already knew the teaming of Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake was ratings gold for SNL and NBC. The December 21st edition of Fallon-hosted Saturday Night Live with musical guest Timberlake generated the show’s biggest increase ever in adults 18-49, according to Nielsen. It also saw the biggest gain in total viewers going from Live+SD ratings to Live+7. In 18-49, the broadcast grew by 1.8 rating points to a 5.5 rating (up from 3.7). In total viewers, the increase was 3.7 million, to 13.1 million (up from 9.4 million). These are SNL’s best L+7 results in three years, since the January 8, 2011 edition with host Jim Carrey and musical guest The Black Keys, (5.79 in 18-49, 13.1 million viewers overall), which followed an NFL Wild Card overrun.
Biggest L+7 Gains Ever For Jimmy Fallon-Hosted ‘Saturday Night Live’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Team
- Hot Trailer: Jason Reitman's 'Men, Women & Children'
- Annika Marks Joins ABC Family's 'The Fosters'; Rotimi Akinosho In Starz's 'Power'
- 'TMZ Hollywood Sports' To Anchor Reelz Primetime
- Relativity Sets Thrillers 'The Disappointments Room' & 'Kidnap' For Fall 2015
- Zach Gilford & Jonathan Cake Join USA Pilot 'Stanistan'
- Hot Trailer: Robert Downey Jr & Robert Duvall In 'The Judge'