We already knew the teaming of Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake was ratings gold for SNL and NBC. The December 21st edition of Fallon-hosted Saturday Night Live with musical guest Timberlake generated the show’s biggest increase ever in adults 18-49, according to Nielsen. It also saw the biggest gain in total viewers going from Live+SD ratings to Live+7. In 18-49, the broadcast grew by 1.8 rating points to a 5.5 rating (up from 3.7). In total viewers, the increase was 3.7 million, to 13.1 million (up from 9.4 million). These are SNL’s best L+7 results in three years, since the January 8, 2011 edition with host Jim Carrey and musical guest The Black Keys, (5.79 in 18-49, 13.1 million viewers overall), which followed an NFL Wild Card overrun.
Biggest L+7 Gains Ever For Jimmy Fallon-Hosted ‘Saturday Night Live’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Miles Fisher Joins 'Man Seeking Woman'; Michael Liu In 'Sin City Saints'
- Ian Fraser, Emmy-Winning Music Director, Dead At 81
- OSCARS: 134 Pics Vie For Best Feature Documentary
- Chris Rock's 'Top Five' Gets Wide Release; 'Interstellar' Lifts Off 2 Days Early
- 'Today Show' Plugs 'Saturday Night Live' In Annual Halloween Costume Stunt
- 'The Colbert Report' Has An Official End Date