‘The Power of Love” and “Johnny B. Goode” are among the songs to be included in the new musical of Back To The Future scheduled for the London stage based on the 1985 film starring Michael J. Fox. The script will be written by Robert Zemeckis (who directed the original movie and two sequels), along with the films’ co-writer and producer Bob Gale, and Jamie Lloyd. New music will come from Alan Silvestri and Glen Ballard. Lloyd will also direct the production. “Rather than attempt to recreate such an iconic movie on stage, we have assembled a brilliant artistic team to discover a unique theatrical language to take audiences on a journey through time in a vibrant, unexpected way,” Lloyd says. “The production will include illusions, skateboarding and many other surprises that will capture the spirit of the film but freshly interpret it for a new audience.” Soutra Gilmour will oversee set and costume designs, while Paul Kieve handles illusions, Jon Clark does lighting design, and Alan Williams provides musical supervision. It also will have a skateboard consultant: Andrew Willis. Backers include Universal Stage Productions, London producer Colin Ingram, and Steven Spielberg’s Amblin Entertainment as well as Donovan Mannato and CJ E&M.
‘Back To The Future’ Heads To London’s West End As A Musical
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest Business News
- U.S. Senate Sets December Date For Time Warner-AT&T Merger Hearing
- Hounds At His Heels, Brad Grey Fights For Paramount’s Future –Part 1
- SAG-AFTRA Teams With ATA To Pay Actors’ Unclaimed Residuals
- Andrew Rannells And Christian Borle Are Tender, If Unlikely, Lovers In ‘Falsettos’ Revival – Review
- NBCUniversal & Comcast Slapped With Age Discrimination Suit By Ex-E! SVP
- The Night State Sen. Ron Calderon Offered To Sell Out The Film Industry For A Bribe