Ahead of today’s WGA Award nom for its adapted screenplay, August: Osage County picked up Best Film of the Year and two other awards at the Italian event. The 18th annual Capri, Hollywood International Film Festival also honored the Weinstein Co pic’s Meryl Streep as Best Actress and gave its cast the Acting Ensemble of the Year nod. “I am thrilled by this news,” Streep said in a statement. “We all are very proud of this edgy and dark film and are grateful for the recognition and the honor of this award. … Thank you, mille grazie.” Osage co-star Chris Cooper also received the festival’s Lifetime Achievement Award. Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom won three Capri, Hollywood awards, including Best Actor for Idris Elba, and American Hustle and 12 Years A Slave each picked up two.
‘August: Osage County’ Leads Awards At Capri, Hollywood Film Festival
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'