It didn’t take long for the New York Film Critics Circle to act after one of its members, CityArts critic Armond White, ripped into 12 Years A Slave director Steve McQueen after the helmer was introduced at the group’s awards ceremony January 6. The NYFCC had apologized the next day for the reported outburst from White, who later denied wrongdoing. In addition to White’s jettisoning today, we’re hearing chief NY Post film critic Lou Lumenick was suspended for a year for revealing voting totals. NYFCC voting member Owen Gleiberman from EW first noted the group’s disciplinary action.
Armond White Kicked Out Of New York Film Critics Circle For Heckling ’12 Years A Slave’s Steve McQueen; Another Member Suspended
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Create Advertising Group Ups Carrie Gormley & Jonathan Gitlin
- Karen Pittman Joins 'The Americans'; Gloria Reuben In 'Mr. Robot'
- 'Below Deck' Renewed For Third Season By Bravo
- 'Shark Tank' Spinoff 'Beyond The Tank' Ordered At ABC
- 'Cold Justice' Spinoff Greenlit By TNT
- Hollywood Film Awards Sets 18 Categories