It didn’t take long for the New York Film Critics Circle to act after one of its members, CityArts critic Armond White, ripped into 12 Years A Slave director Steve McQueen after the helmer was introduced at the group’s awards ceremony January 6. The NYFCC had apologized the next day for the reported outburst from White, who later denied wrongdoing. In addition to White’s jettisoning today, we’re hearing chief NY Post film critic Lou Lumenick was suspended for a year for revealing voting totals. NYFCC voting member Owen Gleiberman from EW first noted the group’s disciplinary action.
Armond White Kicked Out Of New York Film Critics Circle For Heckling ’12 Years A Slave’s Steve McQueen; Another Member Suspended
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest Awards News
- New York Film Critics Circle To Vote December 1
- Gotham Awards To Honor NYC Film Office, Aziz Ansari & Judith Light
- ‘Hacksaw Ridge’ Leads Australian Academy Awards Nominations – Full List
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Mel Gibson’s Standing-O; Seth Rogen Talks Politics; No Denial Of Oscar Buzz For…
- Oscars: 10 Films Make Documentary Short Subject Shortlist
- Norwegian Hit ‘The King’s Choice’ Gets Royal Welcome In N.A. Bow