It didn’t take long for the New York Film Critics Circle to act after one of its members, CityArts critic Armond White, ripped into 12 Years A Slave director Steve McQueen after the helmer was introduced at the group’s awards ceremony January 6. The NYFCC had apologized the next day for the reported outburst from White, who later denied wrongdoing. In addition to White’s jettisoning today, we’re hearing chief NY Post film critic Lou Lumenick was suspended for a year for revealing voting totals. NYFCC voting member Owen Gleiberman from EW first noted the group’s disciplinary action.
Armond White Kicked Out Of New York Film Critics Circle For Heckling ’12 Years A Slave’s Steve McQueen; Another Member Suspended
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Jessie Ennis Joins 'Veep'; Gladys Knight In 'Empire'
- Mark Gordon To Receive Producers Guild's Norman Lear Award
- James Caan, Kevin Dillon, Sam Huntington Top Crackle Feature 'The Throwaways'
- NBC News To Air First Live Broadcast Of Global Citizen Festival Featuring Jay-Z, Carrie Underwood, The Roots
- USA's 'Benched' Gets Premiere Date: Video
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Charles Dance Hints That Tywin Lannister Might Be Alive