It is always a sad occasion when the industry loses an actor whose work has moved so many people. It just makes you angry when it happens to a person as young as the 51-year old James Gandolfini. I really believed that even after his iconic turn as Tony Soprano, Gandolfini hadn’t peaked and that he was on his way to an extraordinary film career over the next two decades had he not died suddenly. Here is a clip from Enough Said. Friends of Gandolfini tell me the character he played was probably the closest to how his pals saw him. It seems a good way to remember him, even if he has a final turn coming up alongside Tom Hardy in Animal Rescue.
An Actor We’ll Miss: James Gandolfini
What's Hot on Deadline
How My Struggle As A Survivor Of Sexual Abuse Became 'The Tale', A Movie I Hope Will Change The World - Guest Column
Latest Film News
- 'The Gospel According To André' Tops Slow Holiday Weekend; 'Pope Francis' Crosses $1M: Specialty Box Office
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’ Stalls With $65M Overseas Bow – International Box Office
- Kate Bosworth, Michael Polish Launch Montana Art School; Night Fox To Produce Horror Pic ‘Streetwalkers’…
- Deadpool’s Thank You Vs. ‘Golden Girls’ Opening Theme: Who Swore It Better?
- How My Struggle As A Survivor Of Sexual Abuse Became ‘The Tale’, A Movie I Hope Will Change The World…
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Ron Howard, Will Yun Lee & Natalie Dormer