EXCLUSIVE: This is shaping up to be one of the most ambitious projects yet for Amazon Studios. I hear that the production arm of the online retailer’s streaming service is finalizing deals for a pilot order to Hand Of God, to be directed by World War Z helmer Marc Forster in his TV directing debut. Ron Perlman is set to topline the edgy drama, written by former Burn Notice executive producer Ben Watkins. Hand Of God centers on the powerful Judge Harris Pernell (Perlman), a hard-living, law-bending married man with a high-end call girl on the side who has a religious awakening and starts having visions and hearing voices through his ventilator-bound son that could be God speaking to him. I hear filming is tentatively slated to begin in March. Forster, Perlman and Watkins executive produce with Jillian Kugler, who works with Forster, and Brian Wilkins of KLWGN. Forster will direct Hand Of God as a follow-up to World World Z, which grossed $540 million worldwide. Hellboy alum Perlman is coming off a memorable co-starring role on FX’s Sons Of Anarchy. Amazon’s second batch of completed pilots, including the company’s first dramas Bosch and Chris Carter’s The After, are expected to be released soon.
Drama Directed By Marc Forster & Starring Ron Perlman Eyes Amazon Pilot Order
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump "Spinning Out Of Control", Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
Latest TV News
- How Barbra Streisand Avoided #MeToo Moments In Her Career: ‘I Worked With Great Men’ – PaleyFest
- ‘Real Time’: Billy Bush Says Life Was “Chaos” After Trump Grabbing Scandal
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions Fires FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe
- Trump’s Lawyer Sues Stormy Daniels For $20M In Advance Of ’60 Minutes’ Interview
- “What If Our Politicians Weren’t The Bitch Of NRA?” Parkland Student Asks In PSA
- NBC Wants ‘Tonight Show’ Discrimination Suit Moved To Arbitration, Or Dismissed