EXCLUSIVE: This is shaping up to be one of the most ambitious projects yet for Amazon Studios. I hear that the production arm of the online retailer’s streaming service is finalizing deals for a pilot order to Hand Of God, to be directed by World War Z helmer Marc Forster in his TV directing debut. Ron Perlman is set to topline the edgy drama, written by former Burn Notice executive producer Ben Watkins. Hand Of God centers on the powerful Judge Harris Pernell (Perlman), a hard-living, law-bending married man with a high-end call girl on the side who has a religious awakening and starts having visions and hearing voices through his ventilator-bound son that could be God speaking to him. I hear filming is tentatively slated to begin in March. Forster, Perlman and Watkins executive produce with Jillian Kugler, who works with Forster, and Brian Wilkins of KLWGN. Forster will direct Hand Of God as a follow-up to World World Z, which grossed $540 million worldwide. Hellboy alum Perlman is coming off a memorable co-starring role on FX’s Sons Of Anarchy. Amazon’s second batch of completed pilots, including the company’s first dramas Bosch and Chris Carter’s The After, are expected to be released soon.
Drama Directed By Marc Forster & Starring Ron Perlman Eyes Amazon Pilot Order
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
Latest TV News
- The President Trumpets Jeanine Pirro: Is Paul Ryan Just Collateral Damage?
- ‘Westworld’ Team On The Series’ Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution…
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Cast And EPs Talk “Huge Twist” And Final Episodes – PaleyFest
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”
- NCAA Basketball Tops Friday Ratings; ‘The Originals’, ‘Sleepy Hollow’ Tick Up In Demo
- Conservative PAC TV Spots Prematurely Thank GOP For Defeating Obamacare